What amp needed to push ElectroVoice ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » What amp needed to push ElectroVoice Evid 6.2 set? « Previous Next »
By Steve LeBlanc (leblanc1) on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 7:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looking for input on what amp would push as set of the ElectroVoice Evid 6.2 efficiently. Of course keeping cost in mind. Thank you.

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 8:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
As I remember they are 8ohm speakers, you could run them in parallel and bridge a mid sized 2 channel amp.

By Sam Aikele (atropine) on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 9:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought an Audiobahn A8002T on the advice of others here on this board. I think I paid about $170 delivered brand new from an e-bay retailer. Have been using them like this for over a year and they sound great.

By Steve LeBlanc (leblanc1) on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 5:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Audiobahn A8002T is a 2 channel amp correct? Shouldn't a 4 channel amp be used for this application? The Avionixx AXA800.4 was also recommended.

By leo lasecki (malibuboarder75) on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 6:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out the audiobahn a4004t

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 8:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I loved my Evids...until I melted the tweeters.

I was pushing 250 watts to each speaker at 4 Ohms with a PPI PCX4125, with them run in parallel. There was some confusion on this board about how much power they can handle - 300 watts at 4 or 8 Ohms. I think my experience validates that they can only handle 300 Watts at 8 ohms or 150 Watts at 4 Ohms.

That is a little off topic, but I hope it helps you.

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 9:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Talltigeguy, remember resistance of each speaekrs stays the same @ 8ohms. An amps wattage will increase as resistance decreases. if you run them in parallel you will show the amp a 4ohm load but will haev to split the wattage by half. an amp that pushes 300 watts into 8ohms will in theroy push close to 600 into 4ohms. I used the a8002t on mine bridged (approx 400 watts RMS) to each pod.....and also had to replace the tweeters.

we might be getting to the same point on this?

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on April 17, 2006)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com