89 malibu skier??? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » 89 malibu skier??? « Previous Next »
By CBrown (powdrhound) on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 6:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi all
I am looking at getting an 89 malibu skier in pretty near mint condition. I tested it on the weekend and it ran well. I am just not sure about the wake
it didn't seem to have any kick. It was ok but I am not convinced. that said I do suck and haven't ridden for a year (due to a knee recon) before testing it.
we only had 3 people in the boat and a 500lb sac in place of the back seat.
If I go for this am I going to be dissapointed or do they have a good wake with a bit of weight??

By Rich G (rich_g) on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 7:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had a 94 Skier and if you are looking at it primarily for wakeboarding, you will be dissappointed. It was an absolutely great boat and I loved it, but we outgrew the boarding wake.

Totally sacked out, you can get a good shape medium size wake. In my experience, you can never get a big solid wake. The low freeboard limits how much you can weight it down. Also, there is no room to hide the weight, so you are cramped.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com