|So as stated before i got my first inboard. I have more questions of course. |
1. What should a do besides change the oil, impeller, plugs?
2. do i have to buy a fake a lake to start it up or is there some other way?
3. I saw grant post in another thread that you need a radial buffer for gelcoat. Did i read that correct or was it orbital?
4. is there any way to get the color back in my teak, whats the best way to refinish it?
|1) Along with oil, change the oil filter. The fuel filter, cap and rotor, and tranny fluid. |
2) For about $10 more than a "fake a lake," you can get a flush kit.
If you have a 1" input hose, you can use this one.
I don't have either, but I wish I did. Climbing under your boat, trying to hook up the "fake a lake," gets to really be a pain.
3) No info.
4) Just get some good quality teak oil. I hadn't touched mine in almost three years. I put some oil on it, and now it looks new. I used three coats The first one took a while, but then it was much better after that was done.