Another carbon fiber LED "do"-hickey ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Another carbon fiber LED "do"-hickey « Previous Next »
By Sound_Illusions (grant_west) on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 6:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was in Mikes boat this weekend and noticed his new LCD voltage meter counter sunk into his dash. He said they make them that read Volt's Amp's and Heat. I want to keep a eye on my new alternator and thought these would do the trick. They are thin enough to install into a handle that I wanted to make for the engine cover.Ill throw in some LED just to make everyone happy
image/bmpUpload
display.bmp (26.5 k)

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

By Chris Anthony (cla17) on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 10:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where do you get the little displays?

Keep us posted, it looks like it will be VERY COOL :-)

By Attila (attila916) on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 10:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Waaay better then the stock handle... Will it be Red or Carbon Fiber?

By Sound_Illusions (grant_west) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 6:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris: http://www.lascarelectronics.com/products.cfm?STOCKNO=EMV%201200&CFID=22736882&CFTOKEN=49933503

The handle will be CF and the led's in the back side of the hand w

By Jeff R (jroyal) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 7:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
From the pics, it appears the new handle is longer than the old handle. If that is the case, how are you going to handle how it won't match up with the holes that are already in the vinyl?

By trace (trace) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 7:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yet another great idea. on the readouts, http://www.digikey.com has tons of that kind of stuff too.

vinyl is pretty easy to patch, especially in a small area, but you could use a backing plate too. i'm sure Grant has some carbon fiber or polished thing up his sleeve.

(Message edited by trace on April 13, 2006)

By Richard (nauty) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 11:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant, If Sound Illusions ever ends up not panning out for you, I'm sure that you could easily find a job with a boat manufacturer in R&D. I know that Rick Tinker reads the boards often. If he were smart he'd be sending you an offer

As usual, great work!

By entrust clothing (entrustclothing) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 12:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
that's gonna be the most expensive handle ever put on a DD motor cover! but very cool none the less :-)

By E Double U (three6ty) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 2:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant,
Do you guys sell the Carbon handles that I have seen you make. I am not looking for LED's in them but just the carbon handles. Do I need to send in the ones currently in my boat? It is a 2004 Moomba XLV. it has 4 plastic handles.

Also the cost for all 4.

Thanks
Erik
webbec@msn.com

By entrust clothing (entrustclothing) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 3:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
id probably be down for a set of moomba XLV handles too. maybe they will be cheaper if he makes 8 :-)

By Sound_Illusions (grant_west) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 3:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
cheep

By Attila (attila916) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 8:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
HA, you said Grant's favorite word!

By KStateAlumni (bbeach) on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 10:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
As good as Grant is at bringing Da Bling, he sure needs to learn to SPELL... (just messing with ya Grant!)

I'm curious when we are going to see the electric air conditioned cup holders? I'm going to need 2 please...

By Ryan Newton (newty) on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 11:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You ought to look into onboard keg-erator W/Co2 Tap.
I'd buy 2.
Good ballast! Well.. until the end of the weekend.

By Sound_Illusions (grant_west) on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 12:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Keg's are for Hillbillys and Frat part's, LOL Sorry no keg-erator from me.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com