new(to me) boat! Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » new(to me) boat! « Previous Next »
By Ian Daly (spudski67) on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 5:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
1990 Supra Sun Sport Classic 464 hours
It is getting dropped off Thursday. The previous owner babied her and I couldn't find anything wrong with it. As far as maintenance goes, what should I look for/replace/change before she goes in the water? I already plan on putting a new impellar in. Thanks

By joshua munday (jmunday) on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 6:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just bought a new 1992 boat, well ok slightly used, but anyways I decided to go ahead and change the fluids, gas water separater, oil filter, and checked the spark plugs. the reason is they told me they were recently checked but I like to be sure. other than that, I checked the impellar but havent changed it yet. just some suggestions.

By Ian Daly (spudski67) on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 6:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what's the gas water separator and how do i change it?
how hard is it to change tranny fluid?

By joshua munday (jmunday) on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 7:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the gas water separator is really just what it says it is. In your gas tanks you get a little water condensation and this filter separates it. on my boat it looks just like an oil filter, If you have any of your owners manuals you can look in them to locate it. as far as the tranny fluid you can pump it out throught the dipstick hole. make sure the boat is level and try to add the same amount as possible. hope that helps.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com