Bow Weight Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Bow Weight « Previous Next »
By Clarke Palmer (cp3) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 6:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just got a pair of Fly High V-Drive Sacs, and the Locker Sac. The Pair is 800# and the Tube is 400#. When I ran this configuration the wake was HUGE but was too steep. Had to run a short rope because of it.

My question is how to get about 200+ more pounds in the bow, Cheaply. It cant be static weight because it cant effect the tounge weight when towing the boat.

By deepcove (deepcove) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 9:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Get another tube sac and lay it in your walk thru into the bow.

By Clarke Palmer (cp3) on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 3:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That isnt Exactly cheap.

By KG (iagainsti) on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 4:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bikini Girls ! Plus they help dry the boat at days end. Two should suffice.

By entrust clothing (entrustclothing) on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 4:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
fat bikini girls like 250lbs each :-)

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 4:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sand bags.

By Edward J. Sullivan (bigshow) on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 4:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got several two gallon kitty liter containers, that I filled with sand. I bought damaged bags of sand for $0.50, the empty 2 gallon jugs were free. So for about $1.00 I have about 100 lbs of ballast. Is that cheap enough for you? If I were to do it again I'd get small landscaping pebbles. In case of a spill the pebbles might be easier to clean up.

By Mikeski (mikeski) on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 5:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Weight toward the back = steep wake, wake toward the front = rampy wake.

Just run the rears partially full and the front completely full. A couple of hardbodies in the bow should help too, they are easier to move around than fat ones!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com