Finally finished my tower speaker enc... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Finally finished my tower speaker enclosure... « Previous Next »
By Richard (nauty) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 8:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
After almost a year of working on it, this weekend I finally finished my tower speaker enclosure. Here are some pics from the early stages of the project....

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

(Message edited by nauty on April 10, 2006)

By Richard (nauty) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 8:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are the pics of the finished product. The box looks a tad small on the tower. I had to make it that way so that the straps that connect my bimini to the tower won't hit the box when the bimini is on the boat. It will look more symetrical when the bimini is up.

Also, I need something for the front center of the box. Something like a chrome "S" for Supra. I haven't found anything yet, so I'm leaving it blank until I find the right thing. I also need something for the rear of the box. I have a few Supra decals, but none of them look right.

The chrome looking things inbetween the speakers are blue LED lights that will shine down into the boat.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by nauty on April 10, 2006)

By Richard (nauty) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 9:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
One more.....

Upload

By Jon (jon4pres) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 9:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks good. I like that it isnt huge. Just dont stand up and hit your head on that point that sticks down.

By Manzo (zo1) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks great...

That point scares me... At 6'5" I would be wearing that box.

Great job!

By Richard (nauty) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yesterday I rode with a guy that was over 6ft. Neither of us hit it one time. I'm sure it could happen though. I will usually have the bimini on the boat though, so even when it is closed and in the boot it should keep people from hitting it.

Thanks for the comments guys.

By Richard (nauty) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 12:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
A few more that I forgot...
Upload
Upload
Upload

By DC (dan_forrest) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 1:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice job!! Looks great. Is that fiberglass you used over the wood? The shape looks awesome

By tony dunn jr. (tjdunn) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 2:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Awesome job! Looks good on the boat! You could have a sign shop make you a Supra decal to fit the flat spot. I am having a shop make my numbers and a name decal. I was able to pick size and font.

By GD (greatdane) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 2:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thats a head scratcher!

By Justin Lamoureux (lives2wake) on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 6:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That looks great! I'm working on mine now and have shaped the wood to my liking. I really like the idea of using the stretched material...I wish I would have seen this before working on mine.
I have a question... where did you get the banana females? Those look better than the ones I bought.

By Richard (nauty) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 8:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought the banana females at an elctronics store here in Texas called Fry's. They came on a wall plate that you would use to mount on a wall inside your house. I just took them off of the plate.

It's kind of funny actually. Fry's carries EVERYTHING electronic. Over in the car stereo section of their store they have all kinds of connectors and such as well as in their homes stereo dept. All of the items there were really pricey. I went over to their computer building department and found the wall plates there at half the price. Go figure, banana plugs in the home stereo dept are $12. In the computer dept the same plug mounted on a wall plate was $4.75

By shane (auto) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 9:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice skills.

By Craig Strait (yosquire) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 4:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What fabric did you use?

Did you fiberglass the inside of the box?

By Aaron Ware (99_slaunch) on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 9:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used fleece on mine and resin on the inside.

By Richard (nauty) on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 6:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used fleece stretched over the wood frame. I used 6 coats of resin on the outside and 4 coats on the inside. I didn't use any fiberglass cloth. If I had to do it over again I definitely would have used fiberglass cloth. Too add strength in the absence of the glass cloth, I coated the entire exterior with a thick coat of Evercoat Formula 27 fiberglass filler. This stuff is a little denser and stronger than Bondo, so it did add some strength to the box.

(Message edited by nauty on April 14, 2006)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com