Alternatives to FAT (FAT) Sacs Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Alternatives to FAT (FAT) Sacs « Previous Next »
By Charlie Kelly (jovedawake) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 6:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"do i really want to waste time filling fat sacs...?" (plus they take up a lot of room, even if they are put in storage compartments)

what are some other weight alternatives out there?

I've seen these bags of lead (45 lbs each i think), but they were rather expensive...

any other companies out there doing the same thing??? (websites)

ps-no thanks, i'm not interested in making my own...but thanks for the thought

By Jon (jon4pres) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 7:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well if you dont want fat sacs or lead then I really couldnt tell you. Get a Malibu or a Centurion with a wedge device or alot of fat friends.

By joshua munday (jmunday) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 7:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
fat friends thats the way to go !!!

By Charlie Kelly (jovedawake) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 9:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sorry, i should have been more clear in what i was asking...

i like the LEAD idea...i'm just looking for more companies, people, etc. that produce them (lead bags)...i want to see if i can find them cheaper than what i saw...

By charley carvalho (wakeeater) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 11:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
buy lead shoot and like 3 inch pvc pipe and caps and make foot long ones wit a cap on each end. easy way to go and way cheap. and yes i know you said you don't wanna make them yourself but with something that easy you should

By markj (markj) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 12:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree w/wakeeater. Buckshot is cheap, easily accessible, and so is pvc. Any Target type store sells regular nylon bags etc. But if you want something really strong to hold your lead.... go to a dive shop. They make bags just for that purpose.---To hold lead weights.

By Charlie Kelly (jovedawake) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 5:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
that sounds like a good idea, any others want to share?

thanks mark and charley

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com