Perfect Pass debugging Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Perfect Pass debugging « Previous Next »
By Craig Riddle (craig_riddle) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 2:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anybody have experience with Perfect Pass?

My problem is that it doesn't respond well at all. The boat goes way above speed before adjusting and then goes way below when correcting. I've set the NN and KDW settings for a loaded boat but it didn't seem to help.

The repair info I've found says to check my servo by turning the knob 3/4 turn to loosen the tension and then check that it autotightens while applying some resistance to it. (it doesn't say how much tension) I tryed that and it seems to take a reasonable amount of tension to stop it. I'm thinking maybe something is causing my cable to not move as easily as it should and is causing the servo to 'click'.

I can probably test this theory next time I'm on the water but I would like to fix it before then.

By Rod Hess (rvh3) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 2:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Craig,
I've found that you have to ease into your cruising speed. If you blow past the desired speed, it will overcompensate getting back down to cruise speed. If I have mine set at 21MPH, I will start letting off at around 18MPH and ease into 21MPH. Also, when I first installed it, I had to put a second spring on the throttle linkage. This made quite a difference in how fast the boat de-accelerated. Hope that helps.

By Craig Riddle (craig_riddle) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 3:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks Rod

To be more specific this happens even after easing into the desired speed. We can be at speed and it will drift out and do this.

I'm going to spend some time testing the cable and see if it can be adjusted or could use a spring as you suggested.

By Craig Riddle (craig_riddle) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 3:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I may have found the problem, although I don't know how to be sure without taking the boat out. The air filter cover is pushing down on the throttle linkage and I can feel some binding when I move it by hand.

I'm still open to suggestions since I'm not yet entirely convinced this is the problem.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com