what amp Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » what amp « Previous Next »
By tom donohue (blazin4life) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 11:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am going to be running a single NVS Entitiy 1010 tower speaker set, a 12 inch solobaric subwoofer, and a Cd player. So my question is what kind of amp should i buy or what kind of amp do i need.

By William (projectely4) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 11:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
weel the cd player isn't powered by the amp.

and what kind of Solobaric an L7 or L5 and what are the ohms on the sub.

most likely it will be hard to find a amp that will run both but you will need a 2 channel amp and probably 500 watts to each channel

By William (projectely4) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 11:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
a zapco refernce 1000/4would probably be the ideal amp it provides 500x2 watts at 4ohms.

By Randy (dudeman) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 5:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Definitely run 2 separate amps. 1 for the sub and 1 for the NVS.

By JEFF HUNTER (catfishh) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 7:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
All you need is a decent four channel amp, use to channels for you tower speakers and the other two bridged for your sub, try to buy an amp that is at least 100wx4 channels and you will have plenty of power. Two amps means more wiring and more cost, besides most 4 channel amps are designed with built in crosoovers and seperate gain controls so you are essentially getting two amps in one anyways. I use to be an installer, so if you have any other questions just PM me and I will try and help you out.

By Robb Davis (boarder_x) on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 10:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm thinking of getting a single PRO485, or NVS 808. I am looking for a new AMP as well. I have two alpine AMPs right now, and am very pleased with them. In order to power the 485/ 808, will this AMP be a good choice, or is there something else I should be looking at?
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=PDX-4.150&lang=en&tab=A

Thanks,

Robb

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com