Storage?? Inside or Outside?? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Storage?? Inside or Outside?? « Previous Next »
By Brandon Lundy (mbb52) on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 7:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm not new to boating but I am a new boat owner... never had my own. I just purchased an mB b52v3. I live in the Seattle, WA area where it rains... well you probably know. For the time being I am storing her outside w/ boat cover and a tarp. I can afford to pay and store her inside but would MUCH rather not. Is indoor storing necessary?? Why or why not? Thanks for the help!!

By Mike (shortman) on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 8:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Inside: Less moisture= longer lasting upholstery/carpet/electronics. Less sunlight= less fade on your gelcoat.
Unless it is a huge hassle, i'd always opt for indoor storage of some sort.

By brian (drifter1136) on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I definitely say inside storage. I work at a place that stores and details boats. The ones that are outside during the summer and have to be detailed during the winter are a pain to buff and clean the int.

By Jory Swim (carcrz) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 5:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You would be okay storing it outside. You said that you have a cover & a tarp, right? So, as long as the tarp reaches all the way to the trailer the effects that were stated above should have no effect on your boat.

By B Fitz (jdrcrew8) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 8:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
In Seattle I would say you're going to be OK leaving it covered outside in the summer. In the winter though you have to get it inside, even if you're going to be using it regularly.

I live in Portland so am kind of in the same predicament. I keep mine in the driveway covered during the summer but will beg borrow or steal a place to keep it warm and dry in the winter. I even sacrifice a few early season rides to not have to take it out of storage until I am fairly assured it won't really get rained on. In OR and probably WA too that means I don't get it out until just before Memorial Day, just kind of a concession to living with the weather we do.

Also I find that unless your friends are hard core, like the people on this board, you will have a hard time convincing them to take the boat out before June. Just because I'm dumb enough to get into 50 degree water doesn't mean that friends are.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com