2000 Centurion Elite V Hydraulic Wake... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » 2000 Centurion Elite V Hydraulic Wake Plate « Previous Next »
By Keith Ward (thebeav) on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 5:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have 2000 Elite V and it currently has a manually adjustable wake plate\cavitation plate. I have been researching the bennett x-14 hydraulic wake tab, but have been told by a dealer that it cannot be installed? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 8:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
my dealer has repalced the manual with a hydraulic. IT can be done but requires some fibergalass work. They dont mount the same so you end up with some extra holes in the boat

By Keith Ward (thebeav) on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 8:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Kevin. Any chance you could post a couple of pics?

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 8:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry I dont have any before and after pictures if memory serves this is the boat that was changed
http://www.clarkboatmotor.com/detail.asp?product_id=FNEBused

if you look a the bottom of the page there is a pictue

By Keith Ward (thebeav) on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 8:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That will work fine. In your opinion was it worth putting the plate on? I have an even split with skiers and boarders. 2 prefer skiing and 2 prefer boarding. If I had more $$$ I would get a newer boat, but this will have to do for now.

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 8:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would have never owned a Elite V/Huuricane/Lightning/Airwarrior with out the plate. The boat likes to porpuse when the plae is up so when wakeboarding you trim it up all the way when skiing or jusr going fast give it some trim. So yes it is worth it IMHO

By Keith Ward (thebeav) on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 8:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very helpful. Thanks again!

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 8:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No problem it looks like you are from
IP Address 65.100.213.210
Reverse DNS slkcdslgw10poola210.slkc.uswest.net
From / Via Usw-Interact99-2blk
Origin Location Minnesota, USA.

Who is your dealer?

By Keith Ward (thebeav) on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 8:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
M&M Watersports, Springville Utah. I sounded negative about the dealer but I think they were just playing it safe. Other than the wake plate, they have been great. By the way, on the picture of the link you sent me, was that a bennett trim tab (X14 Tab) as well?

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 8:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Not sure what the number is Clarks just got it from Centurion

M & M is a great dealer!....they might be trying to incourage you to trade it in

By nickster (nar722) on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 9:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 2001 elite v and had it installed afterwards. It was a bit pricey but worth every penny being able to automatically trim the boat and shape the wake a bit. It also gets rid of the porpoising especially when it is loaded down with ballast.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com