Two-Piece Snap-On Boat Cover Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Two-Piece Snap-On Boat Cover « Previous Next »
By Eh Brah (nautyboy) on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 3:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm looking at getting a two-piece snap-on boat cover (one section for the bow, the other section for the windshield back to the transom).

Anybody got some recommendations?

By Eh Brah (nautyboy) on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 9:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
bueller........bueller.......anybody, bueller....

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 10:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We had ours installed by Centurion at the factory. Once you get one, you will never go back. Just research some cover shops, most will be able to do it for you. It will be a little pricey though.

By Paul (fish6942) on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 6:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why a 2-piece? I had a snapdown cover made for my last boat (I/O bowrider) but it was a single piece. One problem with the 2-piece setup is the rain water running down the windshield and going under the bow cover (depends on the boat design of course). Some people like to put the bow cover on to when it gets chilly. I just had the canvas shop make a snap in wind block that goes below the walk-thru windshield.

If you're going to trailer with it, make sure they put in extra snaps on the front end. I trailered all the time with my snap-down cover. Just make sure it's tight as a drum and all the snaps are secure. That cover was made out of a material called Top Gun. It's totally waterproof (unlike Sunbrella) and doesn't stretch (unlike Sunbrella). However, it doesn't breathe so it's up to you to make sure the boat is dry before putting it away for a while.

By Mike O'Callaghan (greenpinky) on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 6:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rainwater coming down the windshield won't be a problem. Just have them put the snapdowns underneath the bottom of the windshield door, so the cover comes up underneath the windshield and snaps down. I'll see if I have some pics of mine to show you.

Paul, I've got mine made from Top Gun too. What a durable cover - will last 20 years and will not stretch at all. Expensive as hell though.

Will look for some pics.

By D. Cooper (dcooper) on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 3:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Having a separate bow cover allows sound from speakers to move back, allows placement of a ballast bag and keep rollors from coming into the boats.

By 21VRobert T (robert_t) on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 3:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a Factory one from Supra it work great in the rain. The bow one has like a rubber thing around it to keep the water out.

By Bruce Banner (breadbutta) on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 4:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have to agree with Paul that water from the windshield will go into the boat. Also, I don't like having the snaps all along my side rails. It scratches you up when you lean over.

My 2 cents

By Mike O'Callaghan (greenpinky) on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 7:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It won't be a problem if it is buttoned up underneath the windshield door like I described above.

Here, take a look.
Upload

By deepcove (deepcove) on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 8:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Any reputable boat shop would install the bow cover with the snaps on the underside inside of the walk through windsheild as shown above, and therefore you would not get water running down the windsheild into the boat.

I have never been scratched by my snaps on my side rails, there is not a sharp edge on them.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com