Lead Bars Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Lead Bars « Previous Next »
By Wakeboarder3922 (wakeboarder3922) on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 12:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was watching SNAP the wakeskate video, and it shows Brian Grubb having Lead Headz, or lead bars to weight. Does anyone know anything about them or where to get them?

By Robb Davis (boarder_x) on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 2:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
most larger shops will carry them. They are also on the internet, but shipping is insane. They are 65#'s apiece, and cost about $65. They are then wrapped in a plastic like substance, to keep them from messing up your boat. I have 6 in my boat, and they are great. You can hide them in little places. And since lead is so heavy, it doesn't take up room. The drawback, is that the weight is always there. When you are driving to and from your "butter spot," when you are towing with your vehicle, etc.... The other nice thing, is that they are easy to move around, to create the perfect wake. It's a whole lot easier than a huge bag full of water.

By Wakeboarder3922 (wakeboarder3922) on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 3:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What shops carry them? Any shops that you can buy the bars online?

By Robb Davis (boarder_x) on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 3:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Most of my local shops have them. The MC dealer, the Nautique dealer. You will have to just go see (or call, much cheaper). I have about 10 dealerships within 5 miles of my house. You live in MD. I don't know the story over there. Like I said before though, buying online may not be a good idea. This is 65#'s of lead per bar. That will be about $50-$60 just in shipping each. You may pay some for gas, but even a road trip (which is always fun), will most likely be cheaper.

(Message edited by boarder_x on April 02, 2006)

By Craig Strait (yosquire) on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 8:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Call a local metal recycler. I think going rate on scrap Lead is about $.45 a pound. The place I called here has some 15000 pounds of it in all different kinds of shapes and sizes.

Unless, you need designer name brand lead..

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com