Dehumidifier Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Dehumidifier « Previous Next »
By Manzo (zo1) on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 6:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone use on in their boat?

Our boat will soon be stored on a lift with the cover on (as opposed to in the garage with the cover off and the ability to air out).

In the past I have used the little bucket of pellets to absord moisture on our old boat while at the marina, but that is a crappy solution. I am thinking of something electric that will just spit the water back into the lake.

Any thoughts?

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 7:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much water do you have in your boat at the end of the day? I keep my bao ton a lift and I normally leave the cover off for 4-5 hours then put it on. I haven't had a problem with it not drying out.

By Manzo (zo1) on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 7:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Honestly not that much. I am not the kinda person that makes people drip dry on the platfrom before they are allowed back in the boat but it still does not get that wet.

I just like the idea of getting any moisture that is in there out.

By Rod McInnis (rodmcinnis) on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 12:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used a dehumidifer on a big cruiser I used to have. Bought one off Ebay for about $60, it worked great. I put it on a timer to have it run for an hour a day and it would pull about a gallon of water out during a week's time.

It really helped on the cruiser, got rid of the damp musty smell and stopped most of the mildew problems.

I am not sure I would try the same thing on a skiboat.

By Mark B (wakehound) on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 12:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=20425&fcat=2Y4

I've used one of these in past, when I had my boat in a storage unit. They work pretty good for what you're looking for. You could also just leave a drop light on under the cover, the warmth would probably remove most moisture.

By Stewart McLean (gizel) on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 2:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This works really good also.

http://www.goldenroddehumidifiers.com/

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com