XMD1 to CMD4 Upgrade, wiring harness?? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » XMD1 to CMD4 Upgrade, wiring harness?? « Previous Next »
By Flux (flux) on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 9:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's time for the old XMD1 to go, it's acting up and I want a better AUX connection.

Anyone know if the wiring harness is the same for the CMD4 as it was for the XMD1?? Can I just plug the old harness right into the new CMD4??

I am thinking that nothing is that easy and I will probably have to rewire the thing. Thanks in advance.

By dave mix (mcaddyman) on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 9:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
differnt plug same colors

By Flux (flux) on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Dave, that helps.

By Sound_Illusions (grant_west) on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had the orignal XMD 1 in my boat. I up graded to the XMD 3. I never changed the orignal wire harness. I just up graded to the CMD 4. I still have yett to change wire orignal wire harness. so in a long drawen out answer No you don't have to change anything

By Flux (flux) on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Cooler still. I guess this will be a fairly simple upgrade, I will just make sure that all the wires are what they are supposed to be, particularly the ground and power wires.

By Flux (flux) on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oops. thanks all.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com