12" sub location Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » 12" sub location « Previous Next »
By P M H (caffeineguy) on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 1:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I currently have a Kicker 12" sub in the driver's foot area. Could someone tell me if I would get a better sound moving the sub to a ported box directly behind the driver's seat? I've seen that a few times and I think the sound would flow better in that position. Any thoughts??

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 1:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what kind of boat?

Some people prefer the sound of a ported box over a sealed?

Dependig on the boat you could lose valuble real estate inside the boat.

By P M H (caffeineguy) on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 3:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
A direct drive. Moomba. I think I would want a ported box. i understand the loss of real estate and Im OK with that. just think for the people in the boat, especially in the bow, placing the sub enclosure behind the driver's seat would allow the bass to resinate a little more. But I may be wrong.

By Mikeski (mikeski) on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 9:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Driver's footwell is a very good sub location for your boat... I would change the driver out to one with more Xmax before changing locations.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com