Samson sports tower speakers Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Samson sports tower speakers « Previous Next »
By Joshua Tickle (showtime) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 7:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
do any of you guys use these? what are you impression or experiences?http://www.samsonsports.com/speakers.html

By Joshua Tickle (showtime) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 7:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
UploadUpload

By KG (iagainsti) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 8:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Josh- I have a pair of Samson Double up speakers. There not listed on his site but look like this. They're excellent quality ! They swivel in any direction and drop right out of the mount with a pull of the pin. I originally got them with the Infinity speakers and while they sounded really good they didnt have enough volume for me. I have since added Cadence speakers to them which handle 200w RMS and feed each pod with 800w. They are the loudest and cleanest car audio based setup I've come across.
Upload

(Message edited by iagainsti on March 26, 2006)

By Joshua Tickle (showtime) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 8:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
looks good, how hard was it to fit the new speakers....to these cans??? aren't they just a little larger than normal? w/ your setup, can you hear them while riding?

By KG (iagainsti) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 8:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It took a little work to fit the new tweeters in but the woofers were just drop in. Yes you can hear them well behind the boat, not NVS well, but pretty good for a car audio setup. The nice thing is the speakers have 3 inch voice coils so they handle alot of power but it does take a big amp to make them scream. Im running a Soundstream VGA 1600 2ch @ 2ohms 800w to each pod.

By Anodyne (anodyne) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 8:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've been on boats using these things a number of times, and unless the quick release is a HUGE deal to you, I would not recommend them. Since they are designed to release quickly, the mounting system is not as solid = they rattle. Not too big of a deal, but they are just not as stable.

By Kevin K (supra) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 8:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have never heard them rattling and would highly reccomemend them, they are very solid and easy to use...

By KG (iagainsti) on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 9:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree my mounts dont rattle one bit

By Aaron Ware (99_slaunch) on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 3:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My friend has a pair of them on his boat. I think they are great. I have never heard them rattle. He has had no problems with his.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com