Master Lock Trailer hitch Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Master Lock Trailer hitch « Previous Next »
By Sound_Illusions (grant_west) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 9:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
For thoes of you that hate dealing with the lock on your trailer hitch or the cotter pin set-up, Master Lock has come out with a removable hitch that has the lock bult into it.
Upload

Its hard to see in the Pic but the hitch has 2 pins that pop out when you turn the key on either side that lock the hitch into your recever mount

By Bruce Mac (brucemac) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 10:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i don't get it. how does it lock at the vehicle side? do you still have to lock the trailer to the hitch?

By Sound_Illusions (grant_west) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 10:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No the Hitch has the locking system biult into it. You put the key into the hitch and turn it and where you would normaly put the pin to hold your hitch the master lock hitch has pins that pop oy and lock the hitch into your trailer reciever

By Sound_Illusions (grant_west) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 10:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The only thing that Im wondering about. Is how they keep the locking system working properly/smoothley when its getting dunked in the lake all the time.

By Luke (lukeduke95) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 12:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you actually have to back you truck that far into the lake?

By Sound_Illusions (grant_west) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 5:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do I Yes.

By Aquaholic (zacharoo) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 8:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Any idea if they are available yet, they are'nt on their website yet. Very cool...and your work rocks.

By bad bob (badbob13ftw) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 8:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think i saw em at Pep Boys 65 $ +-

By Sound_Illusions (grant_west) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 8:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I saw them today at PeP boy's $45

By Michael Hayes (mhayes) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 8:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They look nice and yes, a neat idea. But given that it takes all of 2 seconds to take my hitch off using the Master receiver lock, and given that the hitch above has an internal mechanism that I probably can't get to and will assuredly break over time, I'll stick with what I have.

By Gez TACOS (burbanized) on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 8:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
walmart $ 24.99

By Sound_Illusions (grant_west) on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 9:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
George Wall mart had that for $24???

By sam burns (ridetilldeath) on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i got one like a year ago for like $30
theyre great, no complaints

By Gez TACOS (burbanized) on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 2:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant. I was there on Sunday, I saw them on an end cap of the isle. I diidnt buy one cause i didnt know if I needed a 2" drop or just a straight one. Its amazing what you can find in Wally town

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com