Imperrer question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Imperrer question « Previous Next »
By John Keenan (keenan) on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 6:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am replacing the impeller in my X-Star and I have never done it before. I found the instructions in the owners manual, but I can't find the size. I went to the store and the boat guy was telling me I needed this $60 tool. Do I need this or can you do it with out it? Does anyone know the size of the impeller? Any help would be appriciated.

By John Keenan (keenan) on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 7:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
By the way I am an IDIOT and spelled the topic wrong. But you know what I mean, Impeller!!

By Karl De Looff (boarditup) on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The entire impeller kit is about $36 from your MC dealer or special order from NAPA. Your special tool is a phillips screwdriver. The gasket and lube are in the kit. It takes about 10 minutes the first time.

By George Aslinger (mobv) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 4:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can change the impeller without any special tools. The hardest part is removing the old impeller. On a V-drive it is difficult to get access and pry out. I use 2 short screw drivers on opposite sides of the housing.
Some people say they grap the impeller with a pair of pliers and pull. I didn't have room for that in my v-drive.

Installing the new one can also be challenging the first time. Lube it up with some soap, rotate into the housing to bend the vanes so it will slide in.

Most all marine stores (West, Boaters World) and local marinas will stock the impeller. Used on many inboards in yachts and houseboats.

There was a good how to article and pictures postes some time ago. You might do a search on the site and find it.

By Mike O'Callaghan (greenpinky) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 5:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've tried, but I can't find it. Can anyone else find that article George is talking about?

It might be good to bring it out at this time of year because we'll all be doing our impellers soon.

By John Keenan (keenan) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 7:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It went in no prolbem, Thanks for the help.

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 8:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's one from my site. It is for a Johnson pump, used on my Toyota, same impeller as Supra/Moomba and MC, probably others.

http://www.epicmarine.com/impeller.html

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com