Stock X1/X2 Hard Tanks Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Stock X1/X2 Hard Tanks « Previous Next »
By Todd Novotny (snyper1d) on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 11:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much of a demand would there be for a set of X1/X2 stock carpeted ballast tanks? Im considering selling and upgrading to bigger bags.

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 7:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why not keep the stock tanks and just add bags? There was a pretty long thread on here a few days ago reagrdign the install.

By Byrd (byrd) on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 7:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check ebay to get an idea, sometimes they show up. Any reason why you want to do this, I'm just curious....IMO, it would probably be a real pain in the a$$ and not worth the trouble.

By Joe (joe_788) on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 9:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Todd, if you want to add bags, DEFINITELY remove the stock hard tanks. It only takes 3 or 4 screws to remove.

The first season on my X2, I was running 350lb sacs plumbed in with the stock hard tanks. No matter how you plumb it, it's always a pain to get the sacs and tanks completely empty when you're done, and you can't get very much weight back there anyways.

Last season we removed the hard tanks (4 screws, two hose clamps, that's it), and plumbed in some giant Pro-X sacs. What a world of difference! The wake is better, there's more storage when towing, and it's much easier to empty and fill.

Upload

By brian lionel (lionel) on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe, I like how far the platform is under water!! Must throw a good wake.. Do the sacs leak a little like the front sac or not?

By Todd Novotny (snyper1d) on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 6:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe, that is exactly what I am planning on doing. What do you run up front? Im in the process of melting lead, and im planning on putting an additional 350-400 in lead under the front seats. Did you reprop? Im guessing you have the MCX?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com