Ballast Bag Cleaning Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Ballast Bag Cleaning « Previous Next »
By supralaunch21v (supralaunch21v) on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 10:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Should I think about adding something to the inside of my ballast bags during the off season or perhaps just as a routine flush/clean? Hopefully, something biodegradeable. I know I should probably pull the bags during the winter and let them completely air out but that brilliant idea will have to probably wait until next year. Any thoughts...?

By Rich G (rich_g) on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 7:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I added some waterbed solution from WalMart when I stored mine for winter. Supposed to keep mildew from growing.

By Doug H (doug2) on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 7:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the same problem. I thought about using a weak bleach solution (1:10) and letting is sit for a few minutes inside the bag and then letting it air dry. I need to find a good way to hang the bags up too...

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 8:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rich has a good idea.

Diluting bleach might be okay. I wonder if it could dryout the material and cause cracking or failure in the long term.

By Doug H (doug2) on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 8:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hadn't thought about bleach drying out the bags- good point.

By Diggs (tyler97217) on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 7:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i just pull them in the winter and let them air out in the garage. never had a problem

By NAW (ripr) on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 8:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've always done the same as Diggs. Pull them and hang them in the Garage for the winter. No problems at all.

By Larzon (xsmini) on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 3:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Use Mouthwash, won't harm the bags, leaves a minty fresh feeling

By chuck j (wiz) (wake_eater) on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 4:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
just leave 'em in there with a couple of inches of water in the bilge too. grunge is cool.

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 4:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey, Chuck! Have you been out yet? I got my boat running that Sunday when it was 81 degrees (no boarding though), and I've been sweating the cold nights ever since.

Grunge? Are talking about MY boat, dude? I'm still using the ballast bags I bought in 2001. I pump 'em and then leave 'em in the boat for the winter. No cleaning, no chemicals, no problems.

By chuck j (wiz) (wake_eater) on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 10:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
jeff! no, i have not been out yet. i need the lake to come up to get the boat off the lift. i heard a rumor that twra isnt going to raise it until mid may. i hope it's only a rumor! we'll have to hook up when it gets warm. btw,what's with this weather?

By Cody (loudontn) on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 12:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey fellas!

My dad, who is an inspector for TVA, is almost positive that the lake levels are going up the first of April. He said that the lake levels should be listed on TVA.com but I can't find it anywhere. Holla at me!

And it snowed on me this morning going down the interstate. :-( 70's a week from now, is what I hear.

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 2:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't sweat the lake levels, Chuck. I'll pull ya around as soon as it warms up enough. I'll give you and Cody a shout when I'm ready to go out. Maybe mid-morning next Saturday?

By Cody (loudontn) on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 3:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm supposed to go to Collegiate Slider Slam but we're only aloud to ride three riders and I was just going to go for the fun. I'd definately stay to ride, so that sounds like alot of fun, and I appreciate the offer. Just get me on the cell, it's 865 680 2639 incase ya don't have it anymore. I've still got yours, Matt's and Chuck's #'s.

By chuck j (wiz) (wake_eater) on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 8:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
that sounds good, just give me a call!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com