perfect pass problem? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » perfect pass problem? « Previous Next »
By john (jmv) on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 8:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a '05 san 210. When I steadily increase the trottle to reach the desire speed, it would stall on me. We accidently turned it on while we were riding a few times. I was wondering if that could have damage something? I read the manual and I think it says to check the "servo motor". But I have no idea where that is at and what to do with it.

By Chris (campfar_knights) on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 9:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can turn it on while driving, thats cool. You just can't turn it off while driving. There is a coil you have to wind up in the back if you turn it off while driving and it is kind of a pain in the butt.

By Randy (dudeman) on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 10:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Not so sure about turning it on while driving. The message I get when it's turned on asks for a confirmation that you are in neutral. That's also what the rep told me. You can adjust it on the fly though.

By Chris (campfar_knights) on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 6:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine always asks if its in neutral when its actually in neutral. When were driving and than turn it on, it will just say "perfect pass on". It could be different versions, i duh know.

By trace (trace) on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 8:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I turn mine on underway all the time (when we forget to do it before pulling up) - it beeps and tells you to go to neutral, but AFAIK that's just a safety feature. the servo motor is the assembly mounted on the engine; it's what mechanically operates the throttle.

by "stall", do you mean a) the boat motor actually dies, b) loses power such that you can't pull up the rider, or c) just loses some acceleration for a couple seconds? a) and b) are problems, but c) is normal and happens because the servo has to let out some slack in the throttle cable to work properly.

By john (jmv) on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 3:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would have to say B. I lose power. It use to lose power for a few seconds, but now it stops but the engine doesn't die.

By Rod Hess (rvh3) on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
John,
My PP will do the same thing if I jam the accelerator with to much force. It is pulling the string on the servo to hard when you accelerate to fast. This loosens the string, therefore it has no way to pull the throttle linkage. Every once in a while if someone else is driving my boat, they will do that and we lose power. I then turn the boat off, let the PP reset, and all is good.

By trace (trace) on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 4:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
does it do it all the time or just sometimes? if Rod's reset suggestion doesn't help, i think your servo might indeed be bad.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com