telescoping bimini pole help for my m... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » telescoping bimini pole help for my monster tower « Previous Next »
By Gary (goth2o) on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 7:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
well, I installed my monster tower and my bibmini would work if I can find a way to shorten my bimini, then telescope it. The question is where can I find aluminum tubing to fit inside the 7/8" tubing. the monstertower bimini has this. I cant see spending 500.00 when mine would work PERFECT if I could shorten the bows then extend......Any Ideas?

By Robb Davis (boarder_x) on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 8:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
wouldn't it be easier to disconnect one side, extend the bimini, and then reconnect that side. My ex's top needed to do this, in order to get past the speakers.

By tony dunn jr. (tjdunn) on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 6:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Maybe some metal Electrical conduit would work. Available in different sizes and pretty strong if it is a sleeve you need.

By brian (99sportster) on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 11:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
On my old boat, I had a Titan tower with a similar problem with the bimini. The 1/2" bimini tubing will fit perfectly inside the 7/8" tubing and allow you to telescope the bimini. Depending on how you attach your bimini you may need adapters similar to the black plastic pieces used on Taylor Made support poles to hold the tubing in the extended position. If the bimini is secured to the tower, you shouldn't need these.
http://www.taylormadeproducts.com/catalog/
Stock No. #11991

Upload

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com