Clarion XMD3 head unit w/ 3 remotes? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Clarion XMD3 head unit w/ 3 remotes? « Previous Next »
By T (tbonus) on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 12:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone tried this? Got a remote at the driver and one at the swim deck. I want another off the bow. The manual says a maximum of 2 are allowed and you use a y-cable to achieve this. Anyone tried to run two y-cables to run 3 remotes? Anyone know a work around for this, other than purchase a different head unit.

By Sound_Illusions (grant_west) on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 7:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good question? I havent run 3 remote's Sorry I cant help you Anyone else that HAS done it.

By Byrd (byrd) on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 10:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would think a Y-cable would work if you were not trying to control the head unit with the two on the y-cable at the same time. The XMD only has two remote plugs sticking out of the back of the unit. What you should do is go get a y-cable and hook up the two you have currently to the same plug and see if that works, if so, go get another remote. The only thing I think that might be a problem is pulling too much power from the head unit to run the remotes. I ran into a problem with that unit when I put two amp on the same amp on wire. The unit would shut itself down after a few seconds. It took me two hours to install a sub and amp, and another two hours to troubleshoot the thing. IMO, that head unit is way too complicated for what is needed in a boat.

(Message edited by byrd on March 21, 2006)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com