wet box Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » wet box « Previous Next »
By daniel (dee48) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 5:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what does everyone think of these speakers or just the box

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Wet-Box-Tower-Speakers-Wakeboard-Barefoot_W0QQitemZ7214431360QQcategoryZ71171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

By TeamNeptunes (chas) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 7:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where are you out of?

By Edward G Johnson (edandgem) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 7:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I Have the wet box on my Sanger and I like the box very much. I bought the box and then put in my own speakers and Clamps. Polk 6x9 Three ways

Upload
Upload

By Jason (jv210) on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 1:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had that same box in my sanger, looks good, but I wouldn't pay that much for it especially with u-bolt clamps.

By Edward G Johnson (edandgem) on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 4:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Those are not U Bolts they are Billet Clamps

By The Spleen (thespleen) on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 5:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Isn't anyone going to make a joke about this thread title?

By Jason (jv210) on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 5:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Edward I not talking about yours, the ebay ad says it comes with u-bolt clamps and the billet ones are 99 to 120 dollars extra.

By J Whelan (kneeboarder8806) on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 9:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
how much was it with the clamps and what do you have for wires and connectors

By E Double U (three6ty) on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 10:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ya Spleen. Im with ya!!!
I was going to post a pic of a hot girl on my boat!!!!
If you saw that title and something else didn't go through your mind then you are not a straight man!!!!

By tony dunn jr. (tjdunn) on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 4:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm glad Iam not the only one who had to check out this thread because of the title! Nice wet box man!

By Jeff Hill (hillbilly) on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 12:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used u-bolts to attach my tower box. I just put clear hose over them so as not to scratch the tower. And if somebody was going to try and steal it they have to get the speakers out first.....alot harder than a couple bolts and down comes the whole thing!

By J (biker_jimm) on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 6:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey hillybilly not to bust your bubble or give anyone any idea's but IMO it would be much faster
to use a pair of bolt cutters to take out the
u-bolts unless they are like a325 grade and even then pretty fast removal compare this to clam shells.
at least then you physically have to take stuff apart.

J

By Bocephus (bocephus) on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 7:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Drill two holes in the tower and run the u-bolts through and then mount the box and then put the speakers in. This way the bolts are totally hidden. You can't cut them that way, hell you can't even see them!

Another that works well is to use the clamps with allen head bolts. Then take a drill and drill out the allen heads. You can get them out with a left handed drill.

(Message edited by bocephus on March 21, 2006)

By Jeff Hill (hillbilly) on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 10:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All Good J I didn't do that for theft deterence I did it cause I'm a cheap som of a biscuit.....LOL But you can't hardly see them so I am OK with saving the money over bling bling clamps....Who looks up at the box anyway's????

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com