Malibu LSV or MC X-30? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 21, 2006 » Malibu LSV or MC X-30? « Previous Next »
By Chris Bogart (muskoka) on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 4:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Classic story - parents want to ski, kids want to wakeboard, everyone needs a boat that will handle some chop well as a runabout. Opinions about a Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV with a Diamond hull vs. a Mastercraft X-30? Why is the MC so much more expensive? Thanks (from the parent) for the feedback.

By Chris Bogart (muskoka) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 5:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Also, does the Malibu wedge approach really work?

By Romi (romi) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 8:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You probably could go wrong with either boat. Both are great. Go with the one you like better.

By Paul (psudy) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 8:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am a MC owner and love my boat, but I would go with the LSV. Neither boat will be good for the slalom course, but if its just recreational, either will do fine. You can get a new LSV fairly cheap(compared to the x30). Don't get me wrong, the 30 is a nice boat, but there is something about the LSV that makes me want one.

By Paul (psudy) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 8:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Also, on either boat, make sure you get the bigger motor. An underpowered boat sucks.

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 8:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I too am a MC owner, and I would also buy the LSV. I previously owned the LSV and it was an awesome boat.

The wedge is a necessity for that hull in my opinion. It's also convenient for switching from ski mode to wake mode.

I agree with the bigger motor suggestion also.

Are you buying used?

By Chris Bogart (muskoka) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 10:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks. No, I am buying new.

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 12:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The LSV puts out a meaty wake. The skiers probably won't appreciate having to drain sacks, so the wedge is your selling point.

The interior is sooooo plush too. All the new bells and whistles they have are impressive.

By Matt Cour (mcsammamish) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 2:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
order the wakesetter 23 lsv w/ the diamond hull, then you have it all.

By Chris Bogart (muskoka) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 3:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK, I am sold on the Malibu. Now, should I even think about the 247 LSV, or just stay with the 23 LSV w/diamond hull?

By Larzon (xsmini) on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 3:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
247 is not available with the diamond hull

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com