Advice? 95 Maristar 200V or 92 Nauti... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 28, 2006 » Advice? 95 Maristar 200V or 92 Nautique Excel??? « Previous Next »
By Brad Clayton (bsclayton) on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 8:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey, can anyone help me out? I'm in the market for something good in the 12K to 17K range, and I've pretty much settled on the 91-92 Nautique Excels (Barefoot Nautiques) V-Drives. I just started seeing some of the 1995 Maristar 200 VRS out there. I've got no real preference, but the 95 Maristars seem to be aesthetically a little more up to date. Can anyone offer some advice? Same price range, so if the wakes are similar, I'd lean towards the Maristar. If the Excels are dramatically better, I'd lean that way. Has anyone seen both? Please note: Either way, I have to keep any additional weight out of sight (under seats, in the rear, etc...). I'm happy to add as much weight as possible, but I need to keep the boat clean looking. Any advice? I'm torn.

Thanks,
BC

By ben (riverside) on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 10:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hi brad,
imo the nautique will give a better wake.I,ve had a 95 maristar 225vrs and with enough wieght the wake was pretty good on the maristar.a little rampy though but that was not a 200vrs.I,ve been many times on a nautique barefoot v-drive.
Less room inside no open bow and a little more outdated interior.With enough wieght this boat throws a good solid steep wake.
i have video files of both wakes..so pm if interested.

By Jay (jayc) on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 5:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The excel will have a better wake but like its already been said they look dated and lack room because of the closed bow.

I'd go with the maristar. Its a great boat and will provide a good wake if loaded correctly, plus you have room for more people and gear.

By Rod Hess (rvh3) on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 5:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you need any info. on the Excel, E-Mail me and I can fill you in. I have a 92 with open bow and I think it is the perfect family wake boat for someone on a budget. If you can get past the teal on mine, it's a pretty good boat. I can fit 5 adults and 3 kids comfortably. E-Mail for more info.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com