Ski Brendella Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through September 06, 2005 » Ski Brendella « Previous Next »
By Dan Kasper (silverhawk) on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 1:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My family is looking for a boat to wakeboard with and we came across a Beautiful 94 Ski Brendella Sport Comp. Does this boat produce a decent wake for boarding? Im throwing backrolls and 3's now, how much more would I be able to do behind this boat? I currently ride behind a bass boat. I know that the wake wont be like any new Mastercrafts or Nautiques, but will it be good enough to ride behind and still progress? Thanks for any help.

By Drew Lewis (h2orider) on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 1:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out my 1996 Sanger V210 its a great wakeboard boat and produces a great wake. Just ask anyone. My Boat is for sale and I need to sell fast.

By Dan Kasper (silverhawk) on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 3:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
got ant pics? im interrested. price? condition? good for boarding?

By Rich G (rich_g) on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 5:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don, I used to have a 94 Malibu Skier, which is very close in size and weight to the Brendella. First off, any inboard is going to be way better than a bass boat (IMO). You can add an extended pylon and some fat sacs and get a decent, medium size, good shape wake. You can progress but there is a limit, just because it's a smaller inboard and was designed as a slalom boat. Get specific about your price range and people on this board will give you some other options to consider.

By Dan Kasper (silverhawk) on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 5:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
price range is about 15,000, and the boat already has an extended pylon

By Dan Kasper (silverhawk) on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 5:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
also does anyone have a pic of a weighted or unweighted ski brendella's wake? thanks

By Mikeski (mikeski) on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 6:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We ski behind my buddies 92 Brendella shortline comp and it does not make much of a wake. The problem with weighting this boat is that it doesn't have too much freeboard and the nose is really low so it's really to turn it into a submarine. For $15k I think you can do much better. I would not expect to pay more than $12k even for a low hour super clean copy of this boat?

By Rich G (rich_g) on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 6:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree with Mike. I sold my 94 Skier for $12K two years ago, and it was in excellent condition. The Skier was a closed bow. You can find a slightly bigger, open bow inboard for $15K

By Kraig Hawkins (juice75) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 7:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dan, I have an '89 Supra Comp that is basically the same hull as the Ski Brendella. It's not bad for boarding, but once you put weight in it, the back starts to sit REALLY close to the water. For that price range, I would definitely look at something else. You could probably find a Supra Sunsport (same hull as the early Supra Launch), Malibu Sunsetter, or possibly a Sanger v210. All early to mid-90's models.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Supra Comp. But if I had it to do all over again, I'd probably go with something else.

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 11:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dan,

The Sanger is the way to go if you want a wake boat.

The Brendella is over priced, too small, and will head straight to the bottom if you take a roller over the nose with weight in it.

If this guy's Sanger is in as good of shape as he say's it is, you'd be getting a great wake and plenty of room in a well built boat that is priced under 20k.

By tom (tommcat) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 12:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm riding behind a 93 brendella right now that belongs to my buddy. it has no ballast as of yet and there is really no wake to speak of.
and as far as adding some goes i would be careful, we take water over the bow on a regular basis even unweighted, i worry about that problem once he adds ballast.

By The Spleen (thespleen) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 2:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got a '90 (I think) Brendella Shortline Comp. Here's a video of us in freshwater, two people + dog in the boat. http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=15346
Probably 6-700 punds in the back, 1-200 in the front. Like people said, it has a pretty low freeboard; but it's not that bad. We keep more weight in the back and that keeps the nose up. You do need to pay attention while driving, but unless you're just learning how to drive water over the nose shouldn't be a problem. The back being close to the water doesn't bother me that much (and it's not that low). Unweighted and at slalom speed the wake's pretty much not there; weighted and at wakeboard speed it's there but not very big. Biggest positive for me is that the boat has run great; I've done basic maintenance and I've had no problems. Biggest negative for me is that the wake just isn't that big.

By tom (tommcat) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 3:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i've found the water over the bow problem happens more when i'm sitting still and a larger boats wake hits us than when i'm actually moving. usually it goes right up over the windshield and soaks the passenger (which i find kind of funny)

By rodney pyburn (azwakekid) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 10:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i would go with an i/o, youll get your money worth there and the wake is way better then a brendella.... thats just my opinion

By Ronia Nash (ladythump) on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 6:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's a pic (not very good) of a Pro Comp Brendella with no weight in it at all. Can you even see the wake?

By Ronia Nash (ladythump) on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 6:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you know how to drive, you won't get water over the bow... but you need to be paying attention when bigger wakes come.

By Dan Kasper (silverhawk) on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 1:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks for the imput. we are also looking at sunsetters, mc 205's and tiges. how would these compare to the brendella? thanks

By Ronia Nash (ladythump) on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 1:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All good boats! But if you're looking to just wakeboard, don't get the Brendella. That boat is specifically made for slalom skiing. I can't comment on the others.

By Dan Kasper (silverhawk) on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 4:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
well we saw the Brendella and we didnt like it. What other boats are good for boarding that can be bought for less than $20000? If anyone has a good wake, could they please post it. Thanks

By jeff (jeff359) on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 5:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There is a guy on here that's trying to sell his Sanger V210 for around that, maybe under. From the pics it looks like a good deal

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com