Prop Repair Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Prop Repair « Previous Next »
By Shawn (setdallas) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 12:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The prop of my Malibu Sunsetter LSV was damaged (4 blade OJ) over the summer -- all 4 blades have the tips folded over about 1/2 an inch. I took the prop off over the weekend (after reading some great "prop-pulling" advice in the archives) and would like to send it off for repair. I want to spend as little as possible.

1. Any suggestions on where to send it for the best deal?

2. As strange as this sounds, the prop actually had some slack in it on the shaft (the "key" was still in place); I didn't need a puller, hammer, or anything, it just slid right off -- what does this mean?

By KStateAlumni (bbeach) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 1:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sometimes props will come off without a puller... There has never been any damage to my prop shaft or prop and last winter I removed it to have it trued up and it slid right off... I would have the prop shaft checked to make sure it it straight if you hit something, but if there is no vibration after you get the prop fixed you should be fine.

Good luck...

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 2:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are places you can send it off, but you'll have to pay shipping. Best thing to do is find someone local. Down here in houston we have quite a few places to refinsih props. As long as its not to mangaled it should be around $50-100.

By Alan (tigeal) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 4:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I second the local shop idea. I use Valley Propeller in Oxnard Ca. and found them to be very good at what they do. A damaged prop will come back better than new, they computer ballance to a higher standard (S class)than factory new but they charge $160 for the repair and ballance.

By RodE (gymboarder) on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 8:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
They may not be able to repair it. Mine had all four bent similar to yours and it was unrepairable. Now its sitting in my office as a reminder of what happens when you it a rock going 5 mph.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com