X-Star & X-45 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » X-Star & X-45 « Previous Next »
By Thomas Harrington (scooterx) on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 5:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Has any one seen the wake on the x-45? How much wider is it at 75' than an X-Star. I plan on buying one of these two boats during the boat season and the room on the X-45 is impressive. I'll never be a pro rider but will I be disappointed with the X-45 wake? My lake is big and gets choppy on the weekends/afternoons and I need something that can handle the chop. Has anyone seen any third party evaluations of the X-45? It seems it came out too late for the buyers guide. Any help or pics or specs on the wake will help. I'm trying to get as much info as I can before I test ride. Thanks...

By Brian Carrillo (timber) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 9:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think you should go to your local dealer and test drive them

By Thomas H (scooterx) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 9:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
As soon as the ice melts I will test drive them. Thanks!

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 10:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thomas,

http://www.mymastercraft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=534

By Thomas H (scooterx) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 10:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks, Paul. I missed this one in my original search.

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 1:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thomas,
In case you didn't see, here's a thread with a link to pictures. You have to be logged in to view the pictures.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1254

Regarding the mymastercraft thread...it's not really a 3rd party perspective, but I give the poster much respect. He is a MasterCraft dealer, but doesn't hold back with things that he'd like to see change in the product line(s).

Good luck with your search.
Paul

By Kevin Pothier (big_xstar) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 1:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would have to say the x-star is the way to go, but keep in mind its the most wakeboarding specific boat on the market. The x-45 is a nice boat{saw it at the boat show}, but after talking to Paul at ON The Edge, he did say the x-star is a much better producing wake boat. But if you interested in more space and are willing to sacrifice a little wake performance then go for the x-45, after all it a mastercraft. You know
the wake will still be great. Also maybe I am
a little biased , after all I own a 04 x-star.
: )

By Evan Nielsen (nautiquelover) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 3:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"After All" .....nice!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com