Clear screen between Bimini and Winds... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Clear screen between Bimini and Windscreen « Previous Next »
By Jason M (jasrocks) on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 2:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Am looking at putting a clear screen (Clear vinyl or similar) between windscreen and Bimini to keep rain out and passengers dry on those days when you are still boarding. Has any one done this? what did you use? any pics?
Cheers!

By sean tribe (tribal) on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 2:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looking to do the same.....

By Jeff Rutherford (jeff206) on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 3:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
probably would be hard to make it look good with your existing bimini, but they make convertable tops (I think that's what they're called) that close the cockpit.

By Eric (ef3529) on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 4:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I saw one on a Mastercraft one time. They had it made at a canvas shop. It went from the front to the back and draped over the tower with a hole at the top for the pylon. It had clear vinyl in front and back and open some on the sides for air. It snapped at the front and back. It was very nice but I did not ask how much it cost.

By trace (trace) on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 11:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
check this out, best accessory i've ever seen for the Pacific NW!
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/203350.html

i've often thought about just having a screen like you describe, though. i believe you could just have a zipper installed across the front of the bimini, and snaps along the top of the windshield. then it's just a matter of getting the clear sheet made to fit.

i already have a tonneau cover for the bow, and a simple screen like that would make a big difference in cold & rain.

By Jason M (jasrocks) on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 1:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yeah, looking at domes on the inside of Bimini and maybe like an tent awning channel around windsheild to slide it into.
Will let you know how we go...

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 4:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
we had a local canvas shop do it for a customer and it turned out really good. sorry i dont have any pics :-(

By Adam Timbrell (tea_boy) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 8:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The bimini cover attached to the screen via press stoods on our 96 maristar. Took a little getting used to, with the restricted vision, but was great protection from the UK weather.

By Brad Birlew (bradb) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 3:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a friend who has somthing simelar, and it also really keeps the heat from the heater in the boat in the cool mornings. Its a nice option that I've been thinking of adding to my boat one day.
B

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com