Evid 6.2 or 2 sets of MB Quart RCE 216?? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Evid 6.2 or 2 sets of MB Quart RCE 216?? « Previous Next »
By KJ (akdoc) on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 1:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have searched previous posts and there are some conflicting opinions about the Evid's. It seems like if you run the correct amount of power to them they sound good. To all those that have evids on their tower, how do they sound?

I know that the MB quarts are car audio based and don't project the sound as far, but I have 1 set of boston acoustics components on the tower now and we can hear them while riding pretty well. Those of you with the MBQ RCE 216 speakers how does your setup sound?

Both options will end up costing nearly the same amount of money, just don't which is best.

Should I go for the 2 sets of MBQ RCE 216 or the Evid 6.2's???

By Mike (mikeski) on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 6:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The choice for me was easy. The Evid's are designed for stadium use outside in the elements. They are light, efficient and relatively cheap from www.audioallies.com, adding clamps from Raul/Precision Metal Works. Mine were on top of a Monster Tower. It was a good economical setup on the boat I just sold. I feel the sound was about the same as most 4 - 6x9 systems.

My next boat will likely have something from NVS up on the tower. I wouldn't consider a car stereo based setup.

Mike

95 SN evids

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 6:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Totally agree with Mike, if sound to the rider is what your after the EVID's will perform better than the MB's.(Although, I've never heard that particular 6.5, I have heard 4 and 6 6.5 set-ups) I was very please with mine, but wanted more and recently jumped to the NVS. By far the best. Even with the EVID's properly powered you'll still be listening to the higher frequencies at the rider. But for the price the EVID's can't be beat. I'm still waiting for someone to take the components out of the EVID's and put them in a better looking enclosure.

By John Madden (wake_pop) on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 6:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Love my Evids. Loud and clear at the end of the rope. I don't think you can beat them for the money. That being said, I'll echo Mike and Adam's sentiments- I'll probably go NVS on my next boat, budget permitting!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com