lightning audio amps any good? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » lightning audio amps any good? « Previous Next »
By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 8:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know they are made by rockford but are they any good?

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 6:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
anyone?

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 7:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
TY"
I had put a 5 channel Lightning Audio in a friends boat. It rocked pretty good. I would say it is on par with Rockford Fosgate, so take it from there, would I run one NO.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 8:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks grant. i knew i could count on you for the info.

By mike (clubmyke) on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 6:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
if you are looking for a good deal for a very high qaulity 3 or 5 channel system amp on ebay..

there is a zapco built blaupunkt (zapco designed and made(made in US)2 amps for blau, 5350b the other is the 2120b) (i am not the seller nor do i know the seller)

this is a very high quality amp with built in crossovers and will run a whole system no problem...

i have alot of experience with this model and had one in my wifes pilot (the pilot is for sale but the amp was pulled. i have had that amp in 4 systems over the years and it rocks.. i have bought and sold ALOT of high quality amps, and that is the only one i have kept over the years.

it will compare with any 5 channel amp from rockford, jl, or zapco with similar power rating.

here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5741881732&fromMakeTrack=true

mike

(Message edited by clubmyke on January 03, 2005)

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 7:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was told not to get the Rockford, the salesguy suggested Kicker as a better alternative. Anyone know anything about the Kicker amps, I'm looking at the 4 channel.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 7:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i just bought the 500 watt lightning audio amp on ebay for about 65.00 delivered. i am going to play around with it to see if it is any good. the feedback so far is that it is the same as the rockford stuff but made in asia (being a lot less expensive) and heard the crossover may not be as good.

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 7:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pat,
alot of people on here use kicker amps, you should do a search. I have limited experience with them, but from what I've heard/read people are very plessed with them and they are somewhat underated on there power output.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com