electrical tape under tower speaker c... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » electrical tape under tower speaker clamps? « Previous Next »
By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 6:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was told that putting electrical tape under the tower clamps will keep it from scratching the tower. Is this true and will the speaker cans slip?

By Gary (sanger215guy) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 6:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't use it, use cloth tape or the best is the the grip tape from rainbow fin company or gator grip. Electrical tape will gue-up in the sun and will slip, and once it gets that black grim on your tower good luck at ever getting it off.

By mike (clubmyke) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 6:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the adhesive rubber that is used to protect the fenders, it comes in a big piece - cut a piece off and used it on the inside

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 7:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got some thin clear plastic from Hot Buddy Products, The guy that sold me the Power Flag gave it to me to protect the tower from what your taking about. The Wake Designs mount the Power Flag comes with has some pretty agressive mounting teeth

I used grip tape when I had all that boss stuff on my tower and it protected it pretty good. The only down side is like someone said when it gets hot the glue loosens and the clamps slip and you can see the nasy glue around the edges from the clams moving. I would try to find the plastic Im talking about it doesnt need glue and Its thicker than the Electrical tape and more durable than the grip tape

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 12:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have used strips of bicycle inner tube with good results

By tim c (tclagggym) on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 11:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used a thin rubber material,works and looks great.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 5:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i have used bike tire tube in the past

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com