Heat damage to boat!!! Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Heat damage to boat!!! « Previous Next »
By Doug Gierosky (d_fresh) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 9:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My boat was parked next to my home and the neighbors house catches fire and practically burns down. There is mnior exterior damage, and 3/4 of the interior has to be re-skinned. The toughest problem is replacing a trim piece on the window. Take a look at the pic and hopefully someone out there knows where I can get a replacement. The Malibu factory does not have one!

By actiondcpd (actiondcpd) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 10:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh man that sucks! Good luck with the repairs. Will your insurance cover any of the damages?

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 10:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Quite possibly a marina or marine dealer that does window replacement. From the picture, that's the plastic trim that goes over the screws?

Can't tell where you are area wise though.

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 11:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm definitely no expert and just thinking, but could the heat have damaged any wiring/electronics? I'm assuming since it was shrink wrapped, it's a bad time of year to make sure everything is functioning correctly?

By Tommy (laptom) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 11:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is there some gelcoat/paint shattering on the latter pic?? Just below the rubrail at your hand?

By Doug Gierosky (d_fresh) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 11:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tommy, that's just water. Either from the weather (snow) or from the fire fighters spraying the house/boat down.

Action, I am in the process of submitting cost. If they were neglegent, then my deductable will be covered. Otherwise $250 deductable.

By Chris Anthony (cla17) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 1:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That sucks, you can get new rubrail from most boat parts guys and it will run you in the $300 to $400 range. I'd have it installed though, as they are a real pain to get just right(another $200 though). The trim pieces are hard to find but call TaylorMade or whoever made the window and they should be able to hook you up. If not just get some black foam weather stripping from Home Depot and shove it in there, it will do the trick but you'll have to do all the other trim in the window to make it look factory fresh. Sorry dude, hope his insurance or something covers the cost for ya...

By highrider (highrider) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 1:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Doug - that sucks man. The 'bu took some abuse!

That is such a bummer. It will be a pain in the a$$ but at least everything will be fixed, if not better then new!

Craig

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com