Hippo ballast Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Hippo ballast « Previous Next »
By scott dula (655mac) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 4:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anybody know if Hippo is still in business? If not,who sells automatic ballast replacement parts?

By Chris Walker (redsupralaunch) on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 6:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scott, I dont think they are around anymore. I had a 4 bag system in my 01 Launch. Supra/Moomba did use them as an optional equipment for about 2 years but the system has evolved into a much better system now. My point is a local Supra/Moomba dealership might be able to get what you need, but ask if a newer redesigned part might be better. My best friend is a tech a dealership post what your looking for and Ill get his input.

By scott dula (655mac) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 6:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the advice.I'm not sure what the problem is with mine yet.Either the control pad or the brain box.Thinking about replacing both with newer parts if available.

By Chris Walker (redsupralaunch) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 7:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would first check to see if your valves are getting power with a simple test light. Also the diaphram solinoid valve can stick open or stick shut very easy and is the weakest link in the hole deal. They become clogged with very small debris and if so remove the 4 screws from the valve seat to get to the diaphram and remove the debris from the valve seat. I used to have to do that about once a year. Good Luck.

By Fluid Concepts (jlembas) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 8:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scott,

I'm not sure if Hippo is still around or not, but we have had plenty of experience with the computer modules. They all seem to go bad after a period of time. Your best bet is to replace the computer system with regular DPDT switches (that is of course if you can't get a hold of hippo). Also, Chris' suggestions are very good if your system is not pumping in the water. Either way, good luck. Oh yeah, if you do deal with hippo, make sure you do a COD or get the product up front!

Jerry Lembas
Fluid Concepts
www.fluidconcepts.net

By scott dula (655mac) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 12:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the advice.The only problem now is finding time to work on it.Hopefully after Xmas.Thanks again

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com