Help with tower.. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Help with tower.. « Previous Next »
By Shawn Landrum (superair) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 11:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm trying to wire my LSV with the titan 3 tower. I need to find the quick disconects for the speaker and light wires. I would like to find one that will suport a 16 or 18 guafe wire. Any help is greatly appreicated

By Mike (mikeski) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 12:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Search e-bay for Neutric.

By Shawn Landrum (superair) on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 8:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It didn't bring up anything. What does Boss use for theirs???

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
do a search on here under "quick dissconnect" something should pop up . I've seen websites where you can order them. Just don't remember which ones

By kenw (99air) on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 8:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47363&item=7121820495&rd=1

By Mike (mikeski) on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry, it's spelled Neutrik.

www.partsexpress.com has them

I like to use this wire for speakers:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41462&item=3770131096&rd=1

The audiopile people were very easy to work with and put together a beautiful harness that I used on my old tower. Their EWI cable is bulletproof.

By jeff 2 (waterdog2) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 5:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Try grainger.

By Scott Sax (scottsax) on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 5:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shawn, if you bought Titan speakers and lights, they come with wiring harnesses that include bullet connectors. We recommend drilling holes in your gunwale sized for the snap bushings that are included with your wiring harness. The bullet connectors will be located under your gunwale and rarely used, since they don’t have to be disconnected to collapse your tower. The snap bushings trim out a 1/2" or 5/8" hole and have a clean look. The reason that we don’t use the disconnect plugs is that they require drilling a large hole (approx 1”) in your gunwale very near to your rear baseplate. A 1” hole in a 2” wide gunwale is a pretty big hole for an area the sees a lot of load from your tower.

By Shawn Landrum (superair) on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 8:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
scott

No they are older Boss stuff I'm pulling off of my Nautique for it. I understand what you are saying about the 1" hole. I think I'll just hard wire it in, since I will almost NEVER take the tower down. Thanks for your help. I though about trying to order on from titan but they have kinda been screwie with my new tower so I think I'll just do it on my owne.

(Message edited by Superair on December 18, 2004)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com