What model/brand heater do SAN's come... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » What model/brand heater do SAN's come with? « Previous Next »
By Rustan Schaefer (cucurus) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was wondering if someone could tell me what brand/model heater comes equipped on a 210 Super Air from the factory. I'm looking to install one myself on an 03 I just purchased and was wanting to put the same one that the factory installs. Thanks.

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 8:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Im pretty shure they come with heater craft, At leats the 5-10 I have seen are all heather craft

By Rustan Schaefer (cucurus) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 8:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was sort of assumming heatercraft, as every post I have seen about installs mentions that brand. However, of the 3 models I saw online (100,200, and 300 HC) none of them specifically mention a defroster or 3 speed operation.

By Rustan Schaefer (cucurus) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 8:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok well went to heatercraft.com and figured out that the 2h and 3h have 3 speeds. Anyone know about the defroster? Is that just a vent installed or whats the deal with that?

By NautiqueJeff (planetnautique) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 8:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Heatercraft heaters come with the euro-vent, which can be used as a defroster. You will have to drill out a hole in your dash, and mount the euro-vent there.

I'd advise against setting it up for a defroster, since the heat that comes out can be very humid, causing your windows to fog from the inside. It would be a better value to just install three regular vents, and if you need to defog the window, pull one hose out and put it up in the window for a minute.

By Rustan Schaefer (cucurus) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 8:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff,

Thanks for the clarification, that helps out a lot. So I guess then the standard equipment would be the 300 model which has 3 vents? And factory installed they use one for the defroster and the other 2 as hot tubes under the dash from what I've seen. That sound about right?

By Brad Birlew (bradb) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 9:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
cucurus,
With my three vent heater, I ran my third vent into the kick panel with a "Y" connection up to the dash defroster. I'll close the vent at my feet and open the defrost when I need it, and reverse the process for the rest of the time. I havent tried it yet, but it seemed like a good idea.
B

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 9:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes the defroster IMO is a joke.

IMO its better to have a way to close off any vents that are not being used, You might have a 3 vent heater but its all comming from the same small heater. My heater has 2 holes in it with a Y connector that used to go up to the defroster. I junked that and coverd the second hole on the heater and now I only have one hole comming out of the heater, The air that comes out of that one hole is super hot and does the job way better than the 3 vent that I used to have because it dosent have to share the heat with 2 other vents. Just my 2 cents. I did this becuause I had to relocate my heater under my dash and didnt have the space for the extra vents.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com