01 Tige 2100V???? Good? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » 01 Tige 2100V???? Good? « Previous Next »
By sid7 (sid7) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 7:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone have this boat or have ridden behind it? I was wondering what the wake was like for wakeboarding and wakesurfing with the taps.

By SoCalrider (magellan) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 8:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This ought to be good...

I'm saying 50 posts by Friday noon PST.

By matthew danielson (stefmatt) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 9:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
here's the first......check out my 2002 sanger v210 with ballast/upgrades etc on ebay. highest outside bid is 27000. It's got to go by the end of the month and if you do some research, you'll see what a good deal that is. beat 27000 and its yours. just ebay search sanger v210 or email me. better wakes than tige anyday of the week. plus it looks better too.

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 4:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
and there's a left hook!!

By Craig Cox (wakedoctor) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 4:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what is the problem with your mobius? you say 2001 tige have you found one or is that year just in your price range?

By oscar (zacky) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 7:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK, I am going to go out on a limb here and provide you with an honest opinion. This happens to be the same model/year Tige I own. Since you only asked about the wakeboard/surf wake that is what I will respond to.

I personally have no problem with the wakeboard wake. The wake does wash to the port side. In my experience, if you load the boat down with a ton of weight, the wash gets worse. If you ask anybody, I am sure they will tell you this is the case. If wash bothers you, you will probably not like this wake (port side). I personally do not have a problem with the wash and the port side is my heel side. The wash is minimal, but it is still there. It does not affect my riding one way or the other, but then again, I am not a professional rider. When we do use weight (which is rare), we will throw about a 500lb sack in the walkway and set the TAPS at about 3 or 4. Add this and about three or four people and the wake is great for us. I will search for a picture later and post it if I find one...

Now for the wakesurf wake. Again, in my opinion, (key words here) probably one of the best around, and I have surfed behind a few different boats. I will not mention the manufacturer(s) because I do not want to a start war (even though I am sure this thread will eventually turn into one). We will usually throw about a 500lb sac in the rear port locker and sit about three people on the port side of the boat. One person on top of the locker with the sac, and the other two on the side behind the tower mount. Put the TAPS at 1 (or all the way down) and you've got a huge surfing wake- surfable a good 10-15 feet off the platform.

Again, this is only my opinion (based on experience) so take it for what it is worth. If you have any other questions about the boat, I will be happy to answer them...

By Jason Bleyl (zeda) on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 8:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice honest post Oscar.

Sid7, I suggest checking out as many boats in your price range as possible and buy the one that fits your needs.

Sounds like Matthew is trying to unload his Sanger v210....I wonder why he would be doing this if the wakes are so good and the boat looks good. Maybe it has something wrong with it. I can speculate all day...just like he does.

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 11:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had a 2002 Tige 21V (identical hull and taps). I liked the wake and the boat a lot. There is a small wash on the top of the wake. Personally, I always felt it was cosmetic as that it never seemed to stop me from doing anything. I took riders much better than me and they were able to get very big air with minimal ballast. I liked to just put one 550 pound bag in the walkway and the wake was very large, IMHO. It's not a great picture, but my profile pic shows the port side wake (along with some lanky person crashing). I'll see if I can get a better picture for you.

I never wakesurfed, but occasionally dreamed of it and went slow and played with the TAPS. The wake became huge, like Oscar said.

By matthew danielson (stefmatt) on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
cause there is always bigger and better...ie xstar and san. selling my boat ganna make a "down payment" which is unbelievable when you think about it....but thats the price you pay. and if anyone know the answer to this q, i would like to know. what sits lower on the h2o, the san or the xstar? i like the feel of my low riding sanger and want to match it.

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 8:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the xstar bow sits lower, in fact be careful when you drive it unless you like water in your boat.

By sid7 (sid7) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 11:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like my mobius but always wanted a vdrive. I was just looking at some tige's around here. I was also looking a 99 X star.

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 12:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
After reviewing my pics, I found no wash at all if there were only 2 people in the boat and no ballast. If I did the ballast and several guys, then I see wash.

Here's one when she was loaded as I described above:
wash

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 12:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Notice the wash where he's about to land. It obviously gets worse back further. We are going 22 MPH and that's at 70 feet out. Closer to the boat there is still almost no wash.

Yes, that's snow on the mountains back there

By sid7 (sid7) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Cool thanks for the pic! I usually ride at 65 Feet or 70. I am also looking at a few 03 21V's. any opinions?

By trace (trace) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 2:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the '01 2100V has spray pockets, which are notorious for causing the wash. i've seen a couple threads from guys that had the spray pockets filled in, and were thrilled with the results. this is not a project for the faint of heart, however.

i believe '02 was the last year for SP's on Tigés.

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 8:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's a pic with no ballast and only 2 people in the boat. There is no wash at all unless you are 80+ feet out.

I've always felt that pics rarely do a wake justice. You should test drive it and see how it fits for you.
wake

By oscar (zacky) on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 1:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Talltigeguy- Let's see some pictures of that 05 24V! How do you like it? More specifically, how do you like the new interior and tower? I am curious to see how the storage under the seats is going to work. I see the access to the storage is a much smaller opening than in years before...

That 05 tower is right on the money. Hopefully it works as good as it looks...

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 3:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oscar,

Don't confuse the size of the compartment door with the size of the compartment opening. The older models had a hinge on the entire seat (the door, if you will) that then lifted up to reveal the compartment with its opening in the fiberglass. The new seats have a portion of the seat that lifts out and reveals the same size opening in the fiberglass. So the access size is the same, it's just got some permanent seating around it. I'll try to get some pics one of these days to explain.

I love the interior. It's very comfortable and seems very durable as well. Everything has a nice and tight feel to it.

I have an 04 tower as that mine was one of the first 05 made. I've not yet seen the 05 tower in person, but most people have liked it. It is more money, I beleive.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on December 19, 2004)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com