Changes/Additions to your boat Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Changes/Additions to your boat « Previous Next »
By Craig Pajak (watarski) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 6:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was having a conversation with fellow engineers and came upon an interesting topic. If you could tell the boat makers (c.c., mastercraft, malibu, tige, etc) changes or additions that you would like to be made to their products, what would they be?

By Mike (upupnaway) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 7:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have several really simple requests.
1. How about a medium duty inverter, say 5000w?
2. Auto-leveling system. 2 under floor bags, each with a 250 pound capacity, connected with a hose and a 2 way pump, each bag half full.
Rider goes into the water, driver hits a button, water pumps to one side or the other to level the boat.
3. A decent enclosed cooling system. If they were to do that, the benefits would be awesome. It would extend the season up north. The freezing issue would be moot due to antifreeze, as well as allowing a car-stlye heater in the boat.

By actiondcpd (actiondcpd) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 8:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The auto level idea is awesome.

By Kenny (ghostrider_2) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 1:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
love the auto level idea!!

here are some ideas I am looking at doing for my boat.
1.heated seats, esp for the driver
2.floor board heating (like homes up north)
the rest are G-14 CLASSIFED!

By brandon oconnor (auwakeboarder) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 3:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mastercraft already has the auto level ballest on tournament ski boats. "THE OPTIONAL MASTERCRAFT TRAINING SYSTEM (MTS), FOR BETTER BOAT BALANCE, ADDS UP TO 180 LBS. TO THE OBSERVER'S SIDE WITH THE FLIP OF A SWITCH (AVAILABLE ONLY ON THE PROSTAR 190 AND 197). GIVES YOU PERFECT SKIING CONDITIONS EVERY TIME. A MASTERCRAFT EXCLUSIVE." I've used it before and its pretty good, has a gauge to tell how full it is too. A bigger version would be nice for the bigger wake boats.

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 3:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
More stock ballast. Coast Guard doesn't like the idea probably, but pro level stock ballast would be nice. Custom fat sacs and plumbing can add creativity, but it would be nice if the X-Star, SAN, etc would have roughly the 2000+ lbs of water needed at the flick of a switch. For the price of a pro caliber boat it would make sense.

By Cal (villageidiot) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 5:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like the auto-leveling idea. One of the things that kills me on flatter-hulled d-drives is how much the wake is affected when the boarder cuts out, or when the boat chine-locks when running with a lot of weight slightly off center.

Obviously, you'd have to attempt to get the weight centered first for my idea to work, but...

What about a manufacturer installing a motorized slab of 100 lbs of lead that is on a track with a giro, and moves from one side of the boat to the other as the giro senses weight is pulled off-center?

It would work similar to stabilizers on a yacht, but instead of using foils attatched to the hull to displace water, it would use weight to keep everything centered.

By Kraig Kaiser (kraig) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 8:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Love the Auto Leveling idea! Definately in the rhealm of possibilities. I think in floor hard tanks would be the best idea to make it work.

Make a fuel guage that actually works!!!! Now if that's too tough for the engineers, here's even a better idea. A computer that keeps track of exactly how many gallons of gas you are consuming. Cars have them to calculate miles per gallon. Everytime you fuel up just input the amount of gallons you put in on the guage via some buttons and the computer would add it to the amount that is in the tank at the time.

By Levi Cress (levi) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 9:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kraig,

They already have the fuel meter thing. You install it in the fuel line and it digitaly meters the flow of fuel so you know exactly how much you've burned. There about a $100 - 150 bucks I think.

here's one:
http://www.onlinemarine.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online_superstore/electronics/instruments/navman_f41_fuel.htm?L+scstore+yxxr6764ff179d17+1103164078

By MONK (jmo52) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 9:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike. Even if your boat has fresh water cooling you would still have to winterize your engine.Fresh water cooled engines still have a raw water pump that pumps lake water into your manifolds to cool them, so you would at least have to drain them. not to mention your ballast pumps, heater and shower. Its all luv not trying to be a know it all.

By MONK (jmo52) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 9:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh yea standard tower mirrors. Im not to fond of winshield mirrors.

By jeff 2 (waterdog2) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 5:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How about a radio control so you can trailer your boat from your truck.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com