Carion Owners Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Carion Owners « Previous Next »
By Craig Cox (wakedoctor) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 12:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I need the measurements to the new clarion wired remote, it is the black oval one like in grant west's nauti. don't need exact measurements just ball park if anyone can help me out. i already tried to post this like 5 minutes ago but i don;t know what happened to it.

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 12:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is the rubber gasket that used to be on my remote. I took the measurments from it. All the measurments are pretty exact, Except the hole. I said it was 2 but I dont know how to read a tape correctly it is 2 inches and the first click or mark on the tape, LOL

By Craig Cox (wakedoctor) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 1:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hah, yeah that is beyond my skills with a tape to but thanx for the help ima go see if this thang will fit.

By Craig Cox (wakedoctor) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 1:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
man that is to close for comfort i mite have to build a bracket and hang it under my dash, i wish i could find a radio that still had the old round style controls. my boat has a round controller already in it but i don't think it will be compatible with the radio im lookin at.

By Lee Tudor (leetudor) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 2:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rockford Fosgate and MB Quart have a marine radio with a round remote like the old Clarion unit.

By Craig Cox (wakedoctor) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i looked at Rockford, couldn't get a picture up of the optional controller, ill try MB Quart and see what they got.

By Lee Tudor (leetudor) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 7:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Rockford and MB Quart are the same, just a different name on the bottom.
http://www.mbquart.com/2003/en_US/products/images/models/nautic/large/NRAMR1.jpg
Remote

By Greg (cwbrider14) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 10:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ehh not to sound like some engineer or anything but if its a standard tape its broken into 16's. So each mark is 1/16th. If its a ruler then it could be any derivitive of 16. Like 32 64 128... you get the idea.

By Lee Tudor (leetudor) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 7:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hole size is 2 1/8". Instructions will say to use a 2" hole saw but if you do you will also need a 5lb hammer.

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 7:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Instructions say its a 2-1/8 they are wrong. The hole will have lots of slop.

By Craig Cox (wakedoctor) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 2:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well thanx greg for educating us all on the tape measure, i ended up ordering the clarion M335. it was the same namebrand that my mastercraft came with and im probably gona be purchasing a few of their amps as well. as far as the controller ill build a bracket and hang it so i can reach it and be out the way at the sametime so it all good. thanx for the pictures and advice guys.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com