Anbody have titan alpha I's on their ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Anbody have titan alpha I's on their boat? « Previous Next »
By Duran (d_rock) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 2:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can get a good deal on two pair of titan alpha I's, but they are not installed and I have never heard them on the water. If anybody does have them, what amp are you running, how are they wired, etc. I have B530's now with the stock clarion junk and it sounds OK, but i am wondering what the alphas sound like. I am not an audiophile, just want a decent, loud system for a low price. thanks

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 2:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Duran,

Alpha 1's are 650 per pair for a hundred more you can get one Entity 1010.

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 3:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have them and am very happy. Mine have mb-quarts speakers 4ea and they sound very good.
They are loud directly behind or in front of the boat but of course there is not much bass with a 6.5 speaker while moving. On the beach they sound great even at 80 feet with the two JL W-3 10's. I run the tower speakers at 2 ohms and that helped a ton. I use a audio controls preamp and that woke up the system big time and i highly recomend it especially with a clarion head unit. I wouldn't try to compare them to The ENtity except in the bling department.

By Duran (d_rock) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 3:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can get two pairs of chrome alpha I's for $750. I hear great things about the entity line but i am not looking to spend that much...

Troy, what amp combo are you running for your alphas and subs? Are you using the Xmd3? I am looking to get a JL 10 in a box under the clamshell. I have the crappy tube under the dash now. not sure what amp to power the towers or the sub. I would like to power the interior speakers as well, just am not sure how to go about it.Thanks for the feedback.

By Ant Bug (antbug) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 3:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Duran ~ you need to do what Troy did to his boat with the subs. They are not under the "clamshell" they are in the cab and they bump. When I was wakesurfing behind his boat the Alpha's sound very clean. I don't remember him turning them up while I was wakeboarding so I can't comet on that one, but very nice sound and look.

By Ant Bug (antbug) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
oh and for that price get them. If you don't like them you will have no problem selling them for a little profit.

By Duran (d_rock) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 4:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Antbug- when you say they are in the cab, what do you mean? I like the look as well. thanks for the response. I was only looking to get one sub but i havent decided yet. I have seen subs in place of the cooler, under the dash pod, and under the clamshell. I never use the space under the passenger seat, so i figure i could put one or two there.

By Ant Bug (antbug) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 4:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Under the center seat of the cab seating there is a big cooler. He replaced it with 2 10 JL's (i think) but they sounded sweet. Troy would be able to tell you best.

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 10:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bug...Thanks for the props.
Duran:
I am no audiophile but I am very happy with how my system came out.

Clarion Xmd3 with twin 04 remotes
2 Rockford 4004 Amps $250 ea
2 JL W-3 10Ē subs in cooler $500 ?? total
Sub box was made from MDF, with LINEX coating and then carpet.
Audio Controls 3.1 pre amp: $200
****Gives the voltage boost needed by the amps and gives me EQ , tower/boat fader
control, and Sub volume, gain, and sweep.
Wire and fuse blocks $60

Titan Alpha 1 with MB Quartz
I also replaced the interior speakers with MB Quartz
I run all 10 MB Quartz at 2 ohms.

I can run the tower speakers at full volume but the subs will cut out if I run the cabin speakers at full volume. (subs and cabin speakers are on the same amp) Thatís not a problem for me because I never run the cabin speakers at that level. (when the tower volume goes up I have to turn the cabin down for my comfort) The system is very loud, I canít imagine needing more, but lots of people do. This was a very economical system as the wiring is all simple and relatively light gauge with just a fuse block at the battery. I put in a second batter that just powers the amps and I have a built in automatic switch so that I never have a dead starting battery. This system will run 3 hours at high volume on the single battery. (that was an important criteria for me)
There are a lot more knowledgeable people here than me, but this system works for what I need.
Hope this helps you.

By Duran (d_rock) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 2:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Troy-thanks for the outline. I think a system comparable to yours, if not less would do just fine for me. I am assuming you made the cooler box yourself? Do you remove the black plastic liner? Is it a sealed or ported box? what would you do along those lines if you were only running one 10" jl under passenger seat, mb's in the cabin and four titan I above? clarion deck of course. I am kinda on a budget and dont know much. I have a buddy who will give me a 10w3v2 and if i pick up the titans i will need to get some amp combo and a box for it. i can t find specs on the rockford that you list above. how do you have those wired? Thanks again for your help troy, i appreciate it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com