2005 MALIBU RIDE SERIES Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » 2005 MALIBU RIDE SERIES « Previous Next »
By Clayton Bygdnes (sculpter) on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 9:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Whats up with Malibu's new addition to their boat line up, the Ride series. At first I thought it was going to be a 6 cylinder inboard/outboard thing, but they say that it starts with the same SV23 hull and has a 320 hp mtr in it. They say that it starts at an affordable price of around 35,000 for a V-Drive. Whats the deal with this? Does anyone Know? To me it looks alittle cheap and not so stylish. How does it perform though?

By ben (riverside) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 12:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Malibu made a new model for 2005 and gave it the old name wakesetter vlx. The old wakesetter Vlx(till 2004) is now called V-ride and the performance of these boats are well known.

By SupraSteve (suprasteve) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 5:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sounds like Malibu is getting into what Skiers Choice has already done w/ a entry, lower end, more affordable wakeboard boat series(ie...Moomba/Mobius to Supra).

Good to see that Malibu too recognizes that not everyone can afford a nearly 50K wakeboard boat.

By Jon Allen (jon_a) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 7:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
what exactly is the base price for the v-ride and they i-ride?

By mike (clubmyke) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 7:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the v-ride with trailer is $39k.

by the time you get the needed options you are at $46k-$48k.....it is a low base price but within $5k of a similairly loaded vlx...

it looks like a lost leader to me, a way to get people to look at bu

By SupraSteve (suprasteve) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 8:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Interesting point Mike(clubmyke)

By Mike (bigdeal) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 9:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If the pricing noted above is correct, I do not understand the reasoning behind the V-ride platform. Value priced boats (like my Moomba) can be had fully equipped (PP, ballast, tower, other goodies, trailer) in the low to mid $30's. If you have to add equipment to a V-ride to the tune of the final purchase price being $45K to $50K, I see no market for that model. There is plenty of quality competition (including Malibu's other offerings) in and around that price range already. Forgive me for my final statement, but this model and it's marketing sure looks like the same bait-and-switch philosophy used by the auto dealerships in my area.

By Richard (nauty) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 9:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got a quote from a dealer for a V-ride. Here is what the price was and the options that came with it.

$42,000

V-ride w/trailer
Perfect Pass
Tower
Racks
Full ballast
Wedge
Cover

The options above are the only options I asked him to price for me. This means the quoted price does not include things like a stereo, bimini, depth finder, etc....

It's not a bad price. It will get you into a really nice boat and then you can add the other non-essential goodies later. However, I still am leaning towards the Mobius LSV. For around $36K you get all of the above. Yes, there are definitely differences in details like the stitching of the vinyl, chrome accents, and other things like that. For me, as long as I can get a good wake out of the Mobius the rest really isn't that important to me.

If you take really good care of your boat differences like having double stitched vinyl as opposed to triple stitched vinyl shouldn't really matter. Any boat will last as long as you want it to as long as you take care of it.

Really it comes down to preference. For some people cosmetic differences like extra puffy cushions and piping around the seems are importatnt. For others it's not. If you are happy with whatever boat you buy that's all that really matters.

By Bill Johnson (bigj) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 9:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Clubmyke,
If anyone is thinking about putting 7K - 9K of options on a Vride then they need to seriously consider a VLX.
I dont think Malibu kept this boat in the line to compete with the VLX.( Which is what you are doing with 7-9K/Options) That said, Most people are going to equip the Vride like Richard was quoted. For 42K, I'd buy it over a Moomba.

By Jon Allen (jon_a) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
In the price above, is that a single or tandem axle trailer? What is the price of each?

By Gerald (sloshake) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 10:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't consider extra puffy cushions a cosmetic difference. That was one of the reasons I chose a Malibu! I didnt like the cusions in the Tige and Centurion at all when I sat in them at the boat show.

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 10:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Malibu had a lot of success with their previous VLX, and the boat had an excellent reputation so they simply kept it in their linup for 2005 by calling it the V-Ride much like MC did with the X-Star changed X-2. It's not meant to be a value priced boat.

By Richard (nauty) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 10:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The price above was with a tandem axle trailer. The base price for the boat itself was $35K and change.

By Matt Cour (mcsammamish) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 4:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's intention is to be a value priced boat, so is the rest of their boats. It's still not going to compare to the least expensive boats on the market, but Malibu wouldn't put their name on it if it wasn't up to their standards in quality. They only took out what they could and kept high quality stuff like the cushions, vinyl, stitching, rack and pinion steering, their AME 5000 gel coat, Fibecs, Multiport EFI engine, ect ect, you get the point. If you can't notice the differences then they probably aren't important to you, or you don't know any better. IMO

By Buzz (buzz_grande) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 5:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
For detailed, and pretty accurate info on what is and isn't on the V Ride compared to a VLX, go to www.malibuboatowners.com

There is a good amount of info there, and some of these questions can be answered. I looked at both, since I was looking at an 04 VLX several months ago, which is pretty much the 05 V-Ride, with a few minor differences. I elected to go for it, and got an 05 VLX. Being built as we speak!

The V-ride is still a really nice boat though.

By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 6:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The new VLX may be to long (over 21') for some lakes. Here on Canyon Lake, if your boat measures 21'1", it is only good for sitting in the driveway.

A loaded V-Ride would be the ticket here. Make no mistake, it is a quality boat, think 2001/2002 VLX ammenities + some. For those of you who have ridden behind a loaded VLX, you know what the appeal of this boat will be.

By Mike (bigdeal) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 9:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry guys, I still don't get it. Malibu most certainly 'is' marketing the V-Ride as a value offering, yet properly equipped, it most certainly isn't a value line boat. And as far as the argument about build quality that always seem to follow topics like this, the gap between manufacturers has narrowed to almost nothing. Everybody in the industry has figured it out and they've got their act together when it comes to building boats. With a little care and upkeep, a new boat from 'any' of the top five manufacturers in this industry will provide a lifetime of good memories for it's owner.

By Brandon Poser (bbr) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 7:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike, how can you say that it isn't a market value boat? With options your around 42K, and the new VLX is around 55-56K. How about an X Star, hmmmm about 75K. Perhaps a SAN, 60K. If you have ever ridden behind a VLX in past years, your getting the EXACT same boat. Its nothing but value. Just my opinion.

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 8:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't get it? Is the upholstery different or cheaper? Is it not built as well? No painting options? Can you put engine upgrades? Does the new V-ride cost less this year than the 2004 VLX?

Is this simply just taking the old VLX and calling it a new name like MC did with the X-star? The new VLX is two feet longer is it not? Of course it's going to be more expensive. Usually that's what happens when you tack on a couple of extra feet.

I don't think it would make sense that Malibu took their best selling flagship boat from the last couple of year and turned it into a cheap POS value boat. The quality on the X-2 didn't go down when the new X-star came out. I would hope Malibu wouldn't do that to the V-ride.

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 8:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Malibu didn't do that with the V-ride. Same boat as the 2004 VLX, just with less options on it to begin with. You can buy it as a value wakeboard boat with no perfect pass, rear ballast, stock stereo, etc, or you can add the options and get a decked out boat. It wouldn't make sense for Malibu to keep the old hull design and sell it decked out as a flagship boat. Malibu is probably banking on people looking for a top notch wake and finish for less than $40k. Pretty good idea to me seeing how many people liked the old VLX.

By bigD (dls) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 9:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
some things malibu removed from the 04 VLX to make the 05 V-ride where the stainless rub rail the bow grab rail the Issotta stering wheel and throttle knob no standard rear ballast down graded carpet I'm not positive but I think the dash vinyl was changed also. there might be someother differences but?

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 9:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So they're offering it with no options to get you in the door to look at it? What person is going to buy it without any of those options? No perfect pass, no ballast, no grab rails. The boat would be worthless without the first two. Sounds like some sketchy marketing if you ask me.

Poser
How much for a new VLX fully optioned? The X-star here when I priced it out was only 4 thousand higher that the VLX with the same options. I don't think you can compare what you actually pay for a VLX vs MC's MSRP.

I just bought my new X-2 for a little more than your V-ride price. The MSRP was over 58k though. If you're paying MSRP you're not that bright.

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 9:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't think you can really call it sketchy marketing though because the website is pretty clear that the V-ride is their value wakeboard boat on the same hull as the 04 VLX. Malibu lists every standard and option on the website. Ownership goggles??

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 9:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It comes with middle ballast. Rear ballast is an option. Check out their website if you want any additional information. Looks like a good options for anyone not wanting to pay the premium for a SAN, X-Star, etc, and still wants a world class wake.

http://www.malibuboats.com/malibu-boats-vRide-detail/overview.html

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 9:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just a little side note perfect pass is listed as an option on most all boats. It's an option on an X-2, and an option on the new VLX, as well as the V Ride. Most choose to get this option and almost all boats on the showroom floor will have this option.

By Mike (bigdeal) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 9:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brandon....Value priced offerings from all manufacturers fit in a specific price range, but the V-Ride doesn't seem to be able to fit in that range (i.e. mid to high $30K fully equipped) when it's equipped properly. $42K is definitely outside of the range for value priced offerings.

Couple other things too. When MC rebadged the XStar as the X-2, nothing substantial changed. Quality, options, and pricing received their typical annual evaluations and minor changes, but nothing major happened. In addtion, you cannot compare a $75K MC or $60K SAN to a V-Ride platform boat. That's definitely an 'apples-to-oranges' comparison. Whether you like it or not, if Malibu is going to try and position the V-Ride as a value priced offering, it's going to be compared to brands like Moomba, for which I personally don't think they should be trying to compete. Tige tried something similar with the Swtich series, and at least here in Central Florida, their 20V outsells the 'value' Switch-V four to one (according to the Tige dealer).

I'm very fond of the older VLX platform, since a friend of mine owns an '02, and I ride behind it throughout the summer months. I just don't think Malibu is going to find much success in marketing there products downward. They build highend quality products, and I think they need to build on that reputation rather than trying to strip down an existing model and market it downward into a part of the market that others are better at building for.

(Message edited by bigdeal on December 10, 2004)

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 10:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan all I'm saying is that you're going to get the ballast and perfect pass along with most of those options. The other boats you mentioned pretty much have them as standard features.

Everyone on the board is thinking wow, a VLX (V-ride) for around 39-40k, what a deal. If you bought the boat for that you would end up spending another 5-8k on the perfect pass, stereo, ballast, racks ect. You're going to spend 45-48k when it all done either way.

Why don't they just offer it like that to begin with?. Because they couldn't say it's a 39k boat then could they?

It's an option on the MC's yes, however it you upgrade to the 350 hp engine that most people get now you get the thottle by wire which has the built in perfect pass that MC builds. So for 800 bucks extra,you get the engine upgrade and you also get a perfect pass options for free as well.

How long until everyone else is doing the throttle by wire? I give everyone two years to catch up and then Perfect pass is out of business.

By Brad C (whitewookie) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 10:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 2005 V-Ride and here is the deal. It is the same boat as the '04 VLX except for the following:

'04 VLX- '05 V-Ride

Stainless rubrail- rubber rubrail
standard ballast- optional balast
standard tower- optional tower
Tribal Graphics- V-Ride Graphics

I added the following:
Skylon Tower
PP
Rear and Center Ballast
Board Racks
Extended Bimini Cover
Custom Boat Cover
Dual Axel Extreme Trailer (Standard)
Tribal Graphics
Total Price - $44,000.00

(Message edited by whitewookie on December 10, 2004)

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 10:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pat-

Agreed, I just don't think it was sketchy marketing at all. They come out and say a genuine bargain for genuine quality, and list all the options in the open. People get way too caught up in what's standard and what's an option. Correct Craft and MC do an excellent job of keeping a solid reputation by not marketing toward a value boat, and I agree with their stance. You got an awesome boat in an X-2, and I'm sure those who choose to buy a V-Ride will get an awesome boat as well for slightly less. Malibu has always thrived in their market by selling boats for slightly less than mastercraft and correct craft. Now that their flagship boats and starting to increase in cost and narrow the gap I think Malibu doesn't want to lose out on some of their customers.

By Richard (nauty) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 10:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone remember what the base price was for the '04 VLX? I may be wrong, but I think it was around $44K? Also, what options did it come with? I'm pretty sure perfect pass was not standard, but I don't know about the wedge or rear ballast?

I don't think they are really cheapening up this boat too much. From what I hear they did things like use carpet around where the cup holders are when the '04 VLX had used vinyl. Personally, if things like that are going to save you $4-6K over the '04 VLX I think it's a good thing. They are just allowing someone to get into a tounament class boat and add the options that they can afford instead of force feeding them to the customer.

I don't know about you, but it really pisses me when I go to buy a new truck and the auto dealer has already packaged up a bunch of options that I really don't need. I may want half of them, but there are always some that I could care less about, yet if I want the truck I've got to take the whole package.

All Malibu has done is taken a very successful hull and took some of the frills away from it and made all of the options al a carte. This allows those of us who cannot afford to spend X amount of dollars to get into a great boat that normally would have cost us $5K more just to start with.

Personally, I would love to get a Supra. However, the base price is right about where my maximum price is. The base price does not come with perfect pass or full ballast, etc. Yet it does come with chrome accents, bow grab rails, blah, blah, blah. If I could have the choice to leave all of that stuff off and replace it with perfect pass and ballast I would probably be getting a Supra this year. Instead, I will most likely be getting a Mobius LSV. Why? Because with the Mobius I can choose which options I want and can afford. The same goes for the V-ride. I might consider one of those as well, but I am limited to a boat in the mid to upper 30's.
( I have to buy my wife a new car this year. If the car dealer didn't pre-package a bunch of crap we don't need I might could afford a more expensive boat :-)

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 10:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brad C

Ok so for roughly another 1000 bucks I bought the X-2. All the standard stuff, ballast, tower, racks, stereo ect. I also get the upgraded 350 hp engine which includes MC's version of PP, painted bottom, pop up cleats, depth gauge, temp, tandem, transom saver, tower lights, travel tarp and tower mirror.

If I took off some of those options I actually paid less than you did for my X-2. Not sure I see the value there?

If the V-ride is the exact same quality as the 2004 VLX, vinyl, carpet build ect. Then you're getting a good boat for a good price. If some of the quality isn't the same as the old VLX then IMO, for the money you're getting ripped off.

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pat if you bought yours in Canada and Brad bought his in So Cal there's a big difference there in price based upon the market area. Most boats were going for $3-5k more in So Cal because of demand.

By JZwake (jzwake) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just ordered my new boat: I priced the VLX and V Ride. The V Ride was significantly less based on what I wanted in the boat. If you want a well equiped boat you are expected to buy a VLX not a V Ride. If your like me and want the best wakeboarding wake for as little as possible you go after the V ride. Here is all I required in my malibu:

full ballast systems (4 tanks for VLX, 3 tank for v ride), Perfect Pass, Standard titan tower, Wedge, 4 factory speaker install.

I can get my own stereo for a fraction of the cost they want for the base head unit, the speakers are a pain to install aftermarket so I had to do it that way, and I can get hooked on board racks. I have no interest in anything but a boat that starts everytime, has a warranty, and a top level wake. I don;t want SS trim, tower speakers & amp, $750 board racks.

quotes
my V Ride came out to $41500 and my VLX came out to $49000. I live in MD by the way.

the v ride is totally for people like me who don't NEED any amenities. I have no need to pay an extra 7500 for stuff that doesn't affect my wakeboarding. sure the VLX is nicer inside but 7500 looks better in my bank account and I buy a boat for my experience behind it, not in it.

The Vride is definitly a Price point boat. it is almost 9K less MSRP then the VLX. remember that 44k msrp on the vlx doesn't include a trailer (vride msrp is 35300 w/o trailer).

it's more expensive then the moomba LSV, but its a malibu and it is a well proven wake boat.

FYI, I also spec'd out a X2, SSV and a SAN. I bought a SAN in the end.

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree that your market area has an impact on your price. The Malibu dealer here in Alberta has sold a lot of boats in the past. Other dealers in the area have certainly dropped their prices in order to sell boats. When I talked to the BU dealer they were min, of 10 grand higher on the VLX vs the X-2 (4k diff vs the X-star) and the V-ride was more expensive than the X-2 as well. Not sure how that will work for him as the MC dealer told me he sold 20 boats in September and another 15 in October.

There were lots of incentives with those prices from MC, boat show, engine upgrades, pre purchase deals ect.

Overall point is, I don't think you can call the boat a value boat if it comes with nothing and you have to add 10-15 options to make the boat worth while to buy.

I agree with Richard, there are some options that you never want on a boat or car but you have to take them with a certain package. That's how they make money. It can hurt you or you can use it to your advantage. When we bought our Truck it had a moonroof which was 1000 bucks extra that we didn't want. Ended up being the deal breaker, we walked away, the next day we got the call back saying they would throw it in for no extra cost. DONE we had a new truck with an extra option that we didn't have to pay for.

By Brad C (whitewookie) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pat, I also got the gel coat on the bottom, depth guage, temp, and mirror. Just no pop up cleats. I will post some pics when I get home tonight. And yes the vinyl and so on is the same. I looked at the X2 here and you can't touch them for under 50K! It's the price we pay to live in paradise. By the way, I am riding tomorrow morning, how about you (JK)

By Brad C (whitewookie) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Based on your local dealers, I agree that it would make much more sense to buy the X2 over the V-Ride. I will tell you though, in every other city in the world, the X2 is going to be way more than the V-Ride.

By Wkerat (wkerat) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 12:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
By me I have seen vrides go around 40,000 with ballast, wedge, stereo, premium carpet, and perfect pass. If I recall it was a 5% discount off msrp. One of my buddies got one for like 45 though bc he loaded it up with everything since he wanted that size boat over the vlx. Another friend got a vlx for 50 with a good number of options, so in the malibu line the vRide is a deal with a range of 5-10,000 between it and a vlx. Also around me the x-2 was running right in the middle of the prices i had for a 23 lsv(55,000-bigger motor) and the vlx (50,000), with the san being 56. I ended up loading up a vlx (stainless wedge, solid hull, polished tower, carpet insert, hammerhead, pop-up light, pull-up cleats, heater, exhaust tips, bow ballast) for 53. I am also adding more audio, and video, lighting, and the vRide rear ballast when it comes in (monday :-)).

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 2:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just for the record Brad you suck (JK)

In your area it makes sense to go that route then. We're getting side tracked for sure, the real question people had is, is this a cheaper boat than the original VLX in 2004. My guess is not really. If you add all the options that came standard from last year it looks like your paying the same amount. I just don't see anyone actually paying 38-39k for one which is kind of misleading.

My buddy in Houston looked at upgrading from his 03 vlx to the new one. He didn't like the fact that you needed another 1000 or so pounds of ballast to produce close to the same wake as the old VLX. He's sticking with is 2003.

By Chris Brown (cbrown) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 10:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pat, to answer your question about being cheaper than the 04 Vlx around here it is. My local dealer has one with the 320 LCR, heater, shower, tandem axle, stainless rub rail, Titan III with 4 alpha 1 speakers, board racks, PP, Wedge, Flip bolster, depth finder, Upgraded steering wheel and throttle knob, and the stainless steel turndown pipes, and malibu cover for I believe 43 or 44k. For 600 more you can get the engine upgrade. Our 04 was roughly 45k with everything above plus the monsoon except no heater no shower and a limited stereo. So the price difference is there but it not the difference of a Moomba Mobius LSV and a Supra SSV.

By Clayton Bygdnes (sculpter) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks everyone for your input. I have a 2000 VLX right now and the wake is dialed right now with about 5 people in the boat. 500 MLS, 600 in Front, (2) 600'S on each side in the back. I want to get a new boat but I think that I'll ride this one for another year or so. I payed 35,000 about 1 1/2 years ago for this boat and I wish that Malibu had done this awhile back. It sounds like the boat that you get is still pretty great. If they did down grade with the vinyl, and carpet from the 04, it still has to be better then in 2000. I keep having problems with my vinyl in my boat, with it ripping and tearing with normal and babied cared because I am awear of the problem. This is my only hating of the boat. Other then that, the boat starts every morning, and has an excellent steep/rampy, hard wake. Thanks Malibu for making something great.

By mike (clubmyke) on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 1:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i agree with bambamski(Pat)... the 05 vride pricing is a marketing tool to get people in the door... the x-2 and san 210/211 are less in so cal (san diego an los angeles).

the 04 vlx was a better boat and better value than the 05 vride

here is a price breakdown of a 05 vride from Paradise in So Cal(it is in writing and I can post if anyone would like to confirm it)

boat 42,900(included cover, stereo, bimini)
Monsoon 800
Stereo (inc)
Perfect pass 1600 ( waay overpriced here)
depth 500
bolster 200
heater 600
bimini (inc)
bimini upgrade 300
cover (inc)
Glass swim step 220
board racks 600
rear ballast 650
prop guard 200
freight 400

PRE TAX TOTAL $48570
TAX 3764
prep 300
doc fees 55
license fees 44

FINAL TOTAL $52773

i dont think i went overboard with the options ( okay maybe the heater and glass step. i do consider the other options very much needed)

This puts the vride in san and mc territory..not to mention the limted and the x2 are not "stripped down" models in the interior/exterior ( actually the nautique was LESS than the vride comparabley equipped).

when i was looking to buy i was informed the vride is "national" priced boat and there was no discount (i just dont understand the boat overpricing and the overpriced accessories).

the 05 vlx is a very nice boat but way too big for my needs and garage parking spot

needless to say i went with a nautique 211 team edition from a great dealer...

(Message edited by clubmyke on December 11, 2004)

By Mike (mikeski) on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 12:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well it's dissappointing to see that some dealers may be operating in contrast to the spirit of the ride series. From the pricing shown above it seems to me that the quote has inflated option pricing. It also appears that some dealers may be charging for options that are listed as inclusive in the published pricing?

Here is a cut-n-paste from the Malibu's press release:

iRide
MSRP: $34,995US (This price includes a tandem axle trailer, but it does not include tax, freight, dealer preparation or options.)

vRide
MSRP: $38,995US (This price includes a tandem axle trailer, but it does not include tax, freight, dealer preparation or options. )

Also included in these prices are the 320hp EFI LCR motor, tower, and MLS Ballast.

Press release posted:
http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2004/malibu15.asp

It appears that the press release and pricing details have been removed from Malibu's website?

From what I have heard and read, the spirit of the ride series was to offer a boat buyer an option to get a top performing boat at a very good price. This is probably going to be in effect at boat shows where new boat buyers may be comparing Malibu's to a Cobalt/Regal/Four Winns. The stripped I-Ride at $35k or V-Ride at $39k price including tandem trailer, tower, MLS, and 320hp EFI motor offers a good value for these buyers. Once you start upgrading motors, stereo's, wedge, perfect pass, etc., you are heading toward a $50k price point so you should be considering the VLX.

If you are looking at an MasterCraft X-? or Super Air Nautique, then you should probably be comparing it to a well optioned VLX. Malibu tends to give buyers more options than MC or CC when it comes to things like mufflers, sound insulation, towers, etc.

My personal feeling is that the direct drive I-Ride is an unbeatable bargain at $35k if you buy it stripped and add the options later when you can afford the upgrades. The V-Ride is slightly less compelling IMHO.

(Message edited by mikeski on December 11, 2004)

By Chris Brown (cbrown) on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 1:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
clubmyke, I do not know who the Malibu dealer is around you but it sounds like he is just trying to make a lot of money off of the boat. Starting price is roughly 4k above MSRP and everyone knows that boats do not sell at Retail prices. I would have gone with a X-2 if my local Malibu dealer was that outrageous. That is a ripoff and that is coming from someone who has a Malibu. If that was the final write up then the dealer is going off of MSRP on every option also. Across the boating spectrum, a typical deal is between 10-15% of msrp and that would put you at 43-44.5k which is for a pretty loaded boat. That is not as bad of a price as 49k Before TTL.

By Garett C. (alotta_fagina) on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 2:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
SoPunk- Isn't your boat 21'2"? Is it sitting in the driveway?

Ryan-You nailed it like a virgin on prom night. Good points.

Pat- Learn the differences between PP Wakeboard Pro and MC Cruise. MC's Throttle by wire version is the older cheap version of basic cruise control, NOT PP Wkbrd Pro.

ClubMyke-You again? After all your posts, you still seem to have a chip on your shoulder. Give it a rest already! Or is it you really wanted the Malibu, but had to settle for a boat thats a bit on the...smaller side eh?

The beauty of a price point is good quality at a good price. Thats what the vRide is. Do you think the manufacturer could/should give you all the bells and whistles too? By you choosing to add a multitude of expensive options (be them neccesities in your eyes) you are removing yourself from the price point consumer group. How or why do you still think that the vRide can magically be thousands less than a boat with same size and quality components? There is a certain basic cost involved to build quality. You continue to mix up price point, (good quality for good price) and cheap, (not so good quality for less than good price.) If you want it all, then you will pay for it all.

By mike (clubmyke) on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 4:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Garett you are missing the point of message boards ( you must be a malibu dealer who is lives in a all encompasing panacea and has a rose colored glasses)

the vride series is not that great of deal(even if you remove the extra $2.5 that my local dealer added)when it is compared to the 04 vlx -the buyer gets less of a boat and nickled and dimed to death on add ons'-who would buy a wakeboard boat without rear ballast? the market segment that is going to buy a stock vride without the monsoon and add ons is pathetically small.

now if malibu would had offered the 05 vride at the same level of the 04 vlx @ $38.5 k with trailer and you could get it out the door for $42k-$45k (motor,pp,ballast, and same int/ext) then you have a true bargain.

btw, in regards to size of boats... bigger isnt always better... the majority of good ole american public think since a product is bigger therefore it is better....

i prefer a well engineered product that delivers maximum performance in a well constructed mid size package that is well finished...btw, most europeans do.

compare at the wake off a mc x-2 or san 210 to a 05 vlx... the mc or the san doesnt need a "wedge" and is recognized as word class (that means they did more with less).

if one wants a big boat for wakesurfing then the 05 vlx might be the ticket.

in my situation i went with the mid size san 211. it has the best interior ( i love the rear transom and snap in carpet). my 211 is rock solid and i love the pcm motor and it fits on my garage. not to mention the 211 handles like a dream (btw, the 05 vlx handles horribly when loaded with ballast and wedge down- that is the compromise of a "bigger" boat.)

also the local nautique dealer and staff are great people (i find it funny they do alot of repair work on malibu's because of the local malibu dealer level of service and reputation)

i do give the nod to malibu for its marketing plan... they will get people to go the malibu dealerships when looking at wakeboard boats in he $35k-$40k range-and they did it a little to no cost.

they are attempting to postion the 05 line to compete with moomba/supra/singer with the vride and mc and cc with the vlx ( they are attempting to be jack of all trades----which is master of none)

By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 4:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Garrett - 21"2' per CC specs... That's including rub rail, speedo pickups, rear grab handle. The 210, when measured fiberglass to fiberglass, as the Canyon Lake POA marine patrol does, measures out at a little over 20'10".

BTW, when not tearing up the Backwater, or other rideable waterways in the west, the boat resides in the garage.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on December 11, 2004)

By Robert (ag4ever) on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 10:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think that everybody here does not realise what malibu is trying to do.

If you spend any time at all watching the "outdoor" shows on channels like OLN, then you see that malibu is marketing towards families that would normally buy a i/o not a tourney boat. They are also marketing it that way in the boat mags too.

This means that there probably is some foot traffic through the dealer's stores and the booths at the show where the family is looking for a "basic" boat to get on the water. They are not looking for extream ballast or perfect pass or heck even a tower. They just want a nice boat for a good price, and malibu has recognised this. I applaud them (and btw I have a SANTE).

Some times we get so focused on what WE want or think we NEED that other's needs seam silly or even stupid to us, and think they should not even be available as options since we must have them or since we don't want them.

By mike (clubmyke) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 7:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
robert, i agree with you....alot of people dont realize what malibu is doing...

who would spend $42k for a stripped boat (it doesnt happen-nobody buys a stripped $42k vehicle)? once a potential customer is committed, they will spend more than anticipated (remember when you bought your boat ?)

lets take a look a a couple different financing options and for those who bought new boats.

$42k boat, $4.2k down,15 year loan,6% rate - $319 month

$47k boat,$4.7k down,15 year loan,6% rate - $356 a month

$50k boat,$5k down,15 year loan,6% rate - $380 a month

$55k boat,$5.5k down,15 year loan,5.75% rate - $411 a month (break on interest rate- more financed)

so for a extra $30-$90 a month...you can have a nicely equipped boat.

so when buying a new boat (or any type of $40k plus purchases, you are going to ADD-ON OR URGRADE - it is a given. sure the stripped models are available but if the dealer has done a correct education and the customer has done their homework (most people that buy $40k-$60k purchases do their homework)

Malibu knows this and this is what they are counting on...stipped vrides and loaded vrides dont make sense. so the obvious choice is to upgrade - for a extra $30 a month, one can own a comparabley equipped vlx instead of the the vride with the same options.

dealers order boats that sell. i have never, never seen a "stripped" boat in a dealers showroom...why is that ? beacause it wont sell..

they will have certain options (minimally equipped - monsoon, pp, ballast, stereo) otherwise it wont sell. who would want a wake board boat without factory rear ballast (very, very, very few people) ?

in regards to a nice wakeboarding boats in the $35k-$40k range- there is momba, singer,gekko etc...

a v-ride with the needed options is in the price range as a cc 210, 211, and mc x-2 (because mc and cc wont order their boats with the downgraded motor and ballast systems).....

so if you are going to compare apples to apples- just pay atention to the details..

By Wkerat (wkerat) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 8:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Perhaps some dealer are asking more than Malibu thought. Since the vRide retails at $38,995, one would assume that dealers may be willing to negotiate some, as with mine, where I have seen nicely equiped vRides for under 40 (although loaded ones go up towards 45). I know my dealer told me he does not have a ton of room to play with the vRide, but he did offer me a discount of 5% on that boat when I looked which took a boat with rear mls, stereo, wedge, perfect pass and premium carpet under $40,000. My friend who has a deal with him and gets a boat every year got a similar boat but the dealer got hi a s/a trailer and hooked him up at $38,500 (mainly because he helps sell boats through his school. Either way I think Malibu has a good deal here since many like to get good performance and save the $7-10,000 they would have to spend to get a x-2, vlx, or san. The one place I think they went wrong was the carpet, I don't remmeber the exact price of the upgrade, but the standard carpet was not that nice while the premium was great and was not much more (maybe $200) so I don't know why they didn't just use it. Also with the motors the 320 is good for people who just use a fairly stock set-up. In fact it is pretty much the same "monsoon" I had in my 01. I drove a vRide with it when I was comparing the vRide to the vlx and could only notice the difference in power when the boat was fully weighed down (i had 6 people in the boat) so for most it is all the motor they need, but I also know it was a cheap upgrade to the mosoon (something like 650, and my dealer offered it at 550).

I liked the vlx a ton, and of course that is why I chose that boat. I had an 04 vlx and did not mind the vRide changes at all, but liked the new vlx wake more (was pretty much identical to my 04 with 1000 pounds on top of stock (i did not ride with the wedge, but will when i get my boat. This wake is still pretty unknown and I hear some say it is smaller than the old, etc, but personally I felt it was bigger, and I got more air. Also when I demoed it then the san, and finally the x-2 I personally liked it more. I have owned all 3, so I can be fairly unbiased in that respect.

ANYWAY, I think Malibu did make the boat to people in the door, but also made it a pretty good value if you look at it for what it was intended, not as their premier wakeboard boat, but as a great boat for those who don't need all the options of the vlx.

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 10:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Robert(age4ever) ~ I agree with your theory.

For everybody else ~ I live in socal and my x-2 was not more then the v-ride.My MSRP was way too much it was $68k with every option and out the door for under $53k.Personally you load up the v-ride the same way you are talking $55k out the door.So it isn't just in Canada!!

By Wkerat (wkerat) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 10:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, 55 for a vride, that's insane...Dealers there must have their own pricing, i got my vlx for less than that and it is loaded, literally. Maybe my flip down dvd/camera system, and my audio will push me past that, but even so it is a vlx, not a vRide...Here on the East cost the x-2 is more comparable in price to the vlx. For 55 I think I would fly to the east buy a boat and pay to have it transported back since it would still put me ahead over 5,000

By mike (clubmyke) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 11:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
my nautique 211 team edition was $1k more than the vride out the door(southern cal)..

(Message edited by clubmyke on December 12, 2004)

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 12:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Garrett said
"Pat- Learn the differences between PP Wakeboard Pro and MC Cruise. MC's Throttle by wire version is the older cheap version of basic cruise control, NOT PP Wkbrd Pro. "

How many functions does the wkbrd pro have that you'll never use? I only need the cruise control function not the other 30 useless fuctions that wkbrd pro offers. When I demoed the X-2 we used the Mc version and it worked great. Say good by to perfect pass. Just because Malibu doesn't offer the throttle by wire yet don't think it doesn't work.

Someone above said 38k plus dealer prep and transportation. That's just another crappy way to get you into the door IMO. Transport and dealer prep is going to be at least 2-3k so you're starting point is going to over 40k without any options.

For those people that buy the stripped down version, what are thy going to do later? 50 bucks says they will buy it a year down the road, throw it on the credit card at 18% and end up paying twice what the would have paid for it up front.

Go buy your V-ride, but don't kid yourself by thinking your getting a great deal. Sounds like the 04 VLX was going for around 45k, the new V-ride equipped the same is around the same price with a downgrade in Vinyl and carpet. I personally would look for a 04 VLX.

By mike (clubmyke) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 2:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i agree with pat(bambamski)...when i was looking to buy in september this year, a new 04 vlx was the way to go... it is a better boat than a 05 vride.

the 04 vlx cost less(when comparabley equipped) and had better quality interior, motor, and graphics.

what malibu with the vride was lower the base price and charge more and give the customer less...(this is in comparison to the 04 vlx)

it has the perception of costing less which it does. but you get much, much less...

sorry but the vride doesnt glide...

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 10:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike-

You priced the V-Ride above at MSRP correct? Big Ed said his X-2 was $68k out the door MSRP. I know people don't pay MSRP, I'm just curious if anyone is really paying more out the door for a V-Ride than an X-2. Also if you are right about the CC 210 going out the door for the same price as a V-Ride tell me the dealer please. We have one person who got a pretty nicely loaded V-Ride for $44k, another who got one priced at $42k. If those two people with the same bargaining powers could get an X-2 or CC 210 for the same price then I was wrong the V-Ride probably is not a good value.

It's rediculous to call these boats stripped down though. An stock X-2 engine is the RTP-1 with 310hp. "MC and CC won't order their boats with a downgraded motor and ballast systems." Nice try Mike but MC has a downgraded motor, and CC offers the 210 without ballast. Why?? Because CC and MC like Malibu realize that on occasion people don't buy these boats for wakeboarding. It sucks but I've seen people with wakeboard boats using them as family boats pulling tubers. We have all seen them. These people don't need the ballast and a 375hp LTR engine. Malibu isn't doing anything different than CC or MC. Malibu is simply more open with their base pricing. CC and MC don't seem to be as open with pricing.

By Wkerat (wkerat) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 10:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My new vlx is due in tomorrow so I am gonna swing to the dealership to see it. Maybe I can get some more info on the vRide or a retail price sheet. They gave me one for the vlx, so maybe they will for that.

I think if I ordered a vRide I would have ordered it without the rear ballast and just put in my own system with sacs since it would be more weight so I would like the idea that rear ballast is standard. I do think it is dumb that a radio is not included in the base price. They should include it and let you delete it if you want to do something yourself.

By mike (clubmyke) on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 11:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ryan,

just in case you didnt catch it. i would suspect big ed and myself went to the same malibu dealer in southern cal..( big ed got his x-2 for $53k out the door- go back and reread the post)

this should be no surprise to you since in one posting from you said "Most boats were going for $3-5k more in So Cal because of demand."

the only dealer i am aware that is doing that is paradise dealer(malibu dealer in san diego, la, arizona) they dont discount their boats at all....instead they mark them up from msrp( go to the malibuowner website if you wish to read the history of this)

Paradise priced the vride at $42900 with stereo, bimini, cover and supposed minor trailer upgrades. if you wish i can scan in the price work sheet and you can add it up yourself..( i dont want to rekindle this at all)

my experience when i bought, the local nautique and mc dealer (skiers choice) was very upfront and fair on their pricing... it was the malibu dealer who was vauge about the over charge of the msrp. in speaking with the malibu western company rep, they have done this before.

the vride is a poor value when compared to a comparabley equipped 04 vlx...it is a less base price but with less build quality and cost more than the 04 vlx when compareably equipped.

dude that is what i found when i was looking to buy and i voted with my dollar and buying decision.

nautique offers base models without ballast and 330 hp excaliber motors (sport model and signature series).....a 210 signature with 330 hp and full ballast is pretty close in price to the compareably vride...a lot will depend on the local dealer.

a nautique dealer wont order a 275 hp bare stock boat for their showroom, he will order it custom if someone wants it but he wont order it to stock it on his sales floor....i have seen dealer stock fully loaded models with 375 hp (bigger motors)... why is that ????? because that is what sells..

the amount of people that will come in and buy a bone stock boat is maybe 1 out 25... it nice that malibu has started to offer it, but it is a mute point since it has already been available.

(Message edited by clubmyke on December 13, 2004)

By mike (clubmyke) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 12:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
btw,

dont get me wrong the vride is nice boat and the price will be dependant on the local dealer ( your mileage will vary- imo the 04 vlx offered a better build quality and better value)

prospective buyers should be aware of ALL their options..i had no idea that a natique and mc was priced less than malibu and higher quality build.

By JZwake (jzwake) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 7:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Your not really comparing apples to apples if you comparing a Vride to a X2 or SAN.

Your not sopposed to be in the market for a V Ride if you want a boat that sports a Heater, upgraded stereo, Ultra plush vinyl & carpet, stainless steel everwhere, and a chrome dash.

Malibu is trying to tap into the price point market by offering a Malibu brand V drive boat at 10K less then their next Vdrive. They are doing it by utilzing a mold that has just been replaced but is still highly regarded for its performance, this is not what truely saves them money.

THE REASON they don't just drop the MSRP of the VLX and offer it at the Vrides starting price is so they don't affect their reputation for selling luxury boats. If you started seeing people on your lake with the NEW VLX and it just looked plain with out any of the style you expect from malibu you would think malibu is falling behind. IF its a ride series, you'll know that its the value boat and expect it to be less plush.

The Vride allows people to get into a BU for much less, if you dumb enough to over spec one, thats your fault. It is like this with cars and boats.

I don't go to the Chevy Dealer (GM) and buy a tahoe with 15k worth of options because I wanted to look like I live in luxury, I go right to the cadilac dealer (GM) and get an Esclade for $15k more where all the 15k in options on the tahoe are standard and everyone can see I'm well off because I have a Escalade. Cadilac doesn't offer a Escalade for people who can afford them, You go to the less expensive General Motor product and get that base Escalade know as a Chevy Tahoe.

Nautique and MC don't have any price point wakeboard boats because they haven't needed to produce them yet. Skiers choice has a whole brand name dedicated for them. ski centurion and Tige have their lightning boat and switch series, etc.

By the way, the boat dealers selling all of us all the CC's, MCs, BU's, etc. Are not selling us on the boat (we know what we want). they are selling us on the payments. IF a BU cost you more then a MC then the MC dealer wanted to sell the boat more then the BU' dealer.

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 8:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike-

I caught that Big Ed got his out the door for $53k. What I meant out of my post is that he got his out the door for $15k less than MSRP. I'm curious how much under MSRP you could have gotten the V-Ride that priced out at $53k. I would hope it would be around $43k in that case it would be comparable sticker shock to a Mastercraft, and would be a pretty good deal. Could you really get a 210 signature with ballast at $43k in so cal? I'm curious because if so that would change my position on what boat to buy. From what I've heard a 210 will go out the door for no less that $50k. If the V-ride goes for $5k less than an X-2 and $10k less than a SAN then it is in it's own niche, a small one yes but if it sells because of it then you can't really blame Malibu for doing it.

By JZwake (jzwake) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 8:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan,

For a heads up there is not nearly as much mark up on the ride series as there is with the VLX. I have been told that if you got 6-7% of MSRP your doing great. But that is the boat, generally the options are marked up well too and there mark up should be not different on different boats.

The base MSRP on a sig 210 is $47K. and a trailer should run you $4k. $51k - %15 discount for friendly customer = 43350. that is a pretty bare boat though, you still need 2k for tower, 2k for ballast. You could pull it off for about $46500ish at least out my way if your dealer finds you resourcefull, start getting friendly now. it will be a tough sell.

(Message edited by jzwake on December 13, 2004)

By Brad C (whitewookie) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 9:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
clubmyke, This is very interesting, I bought my boat from Paradise with all the options you mentioned minus the engine upgrade and glass swim step but added gel coat on the entire hull and I was just under 44k. I priced the X2 with the same options and it was 55K (I guess BigEd is a little better negotiator than me.) I also looked at Moombas and with the options It was at 42K.

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 9:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
JZ

If Malibu is targeting the ride series for the lower budget boat buyer, that could backfire on them. Have you ever seen Lexus, Porche or BMW make a cheaper product to go after a different market? Malibu has a certain rep within the boating world. No matter what they offer their boats will be held to a certain standard people have built up in their minds about them.

What happens when Joe sees a V-ride and a X-2 sitting next to one another? Which boat is he going to associate with being nicer? He will see it as Malibu vs Mastercraft, not a so called value priced boat vs the Mastercraft.

Why doesn't skiiers choice just called everyting a Supra? They want to be able to compete with the big dollar boats and if people associated their Moomba line of boats with the higher end Supra line they wouldn't be able to market them as well.

Cars and trucks figured this out decades ago. Ford/Lincon, Chev/Caddy, Toyota/Lexus.

If the build quality isn't as high as other Malibu lines and they have problems in two years in the resale market. The whole Malibu line will be painted by the same brush IMO.

By JZwake (jzwake) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 10:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pat, I believe we are accually agreeing here. I never said weather or not I think this is a smart move by BU. But they fell as well as I, that the price point market could comprise enough sales to make it worth the chance.

Now that wakeboarding as grown to the level its at now, more people with more limited budgets are trying to buy legitimate wakeboard boats instead of buying I/O and such. Malibu is trying to sell them the boat and develope brand loyaly so they will get on this message board and Rant why their BU is better then the others and buy a new VLX when they need to upgrade.

I used Chevy/Cadillac as my example. Same Company/different brands. This works because slightly more carss are sold then boats. Malibu probably could not afford to start a second brand to sell the value priced boats. They assume we are smart enough to realize that a ride series is budget and a VLX is not. Thats like saying because the Cavalier is not very nice I should run out and buy a Mustang GT instead of the Corvette. IF another company like moomba was is availible to be bought out anytime I'm sure BU as well as others will look into it to start a price point company. You need at least a name.

As for "Build Quality" affecting the resale. I doubt this is an issue for malibu to worry about but maybe more for the would-be purchaser of the ride series boat. Bottom line is don;t over spec the boat if you wanta value boat. your not going to resell a 2 year old Vride for 1k less then you paid because is has all the options of a VLX. I put build Quailty in quotes because I believe our opinions of its definition are different. The build quailty of the ride series is, I'm sure equal to the rest of the BU line.

IF???? malibu is targeting the ride series toward budget buyers. who else would they be targeting it to? $38,995 on a trailer got me in the door.

By mike (clubmyke) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 10:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
brad,

major congratulationss...

you got the vride with those options from paradise for $44k out the door...you did alot better then big ed and myself...

paradise was marking their boats over msrp when i was looking in september..

the $42.9k did include a sony stereo,bimini, and supposed trailer upgrades and boat cover. regardless those dont add up to a additional $4k according to my math...

i wanted a new 04 vlx- it was a less than a vride from paradise and was a better boat imo...

btw, here is the price sheet from paradise...they didnt move from it all and i found out they were marking the boats and add-ons over the msrp. this has been confirmed by other people in the san diego/la area... and was confirmed by malibu (paradise have done this before)

regardless of what paradise was doing a 210/211 and x2 was about the same or less depending on the version than a vride (options i went with above).

buquote2.jpg

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 10:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
JZ

38,995 is still not really what I'd call a budget boat. I took my boss to the boat show last year, he new nothing about boats, when we came out of there he was shocked at how expensive they were. He thought 15k would have bought him a nice new boat. Not saying that you can't find a good quality used boat for that, but it's a little low when talking about new boats.

So for 39k, most likely in the mid 40's is what you'll end up paying for a V-ride, I hardly think that's what the average person calls a value boat. When I traded mine it a couple of weeks ago, there were a couple of minor scratches, which I didn't think were a big deal, the sales guy said they were to someone that was buying a 40k used boat. They expect when forking out that much money the boat should be in perfect shape.

There are so many I/O boats that can be bought in the 20's, an extra 15-20 thousand for a "value boat" may not really seem like such a great deal after all.

By Brad C (whitewookie) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 10:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike, It was 44k before tax (43,800 to be exact). With tax it was 47,194.50 out the door. I just looked up my paperwork.

By mike (clubmyke) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 10:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
here is the total

boat 42,900(included cover, stereo, bimini)
Monsoon 800
Stereo (inc)
Perfect pass 1600 ( waay overpriced here)
depth 500
bolster 200
heater 600
bimini (inc)
bimini upgrade 300
cover (inc)
Glass swim step 220
board racks 600
rear ballast 650
prop guard 200
freight 400

PRE TAX TOTAL $48570
TAX 3764
prep 300
doc fees 55
license fees 44

FINAL TOTAL $52773

By Brad C (whitewookie) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 11:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, there's the issue, I paid 38,900 (including cover, stereo and bimini) instead of 42,900 and I didn't get the upgraded motor. That would bring your total down to 47k and change. 42,900 it pretty steep. They must be selling a ton of them to justify hiking the price up 4K!

By JZwake (jzwake) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 11:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
PAT,

The sad truth is that 40K is a value priced boat for an V drive. For 2005 there are only a few V Drives that come with a trailer for under 40k. Even the Ski centurions went up in price to where a lighting costs as much as a Vride. And for most, the malibu name has some clout and gains thier interest before a Moomba.

There is no Comparing a I/O to a V Drive Wakeboard boat. There are 100's of I/o Manufactures and not many v drive Wakeboard boat manufactures. And still a maxum I/O 18 ft cost over 20K on the trailer.

I don;t know how many inboards you've purchased, but the prices are getting higher and higher every year. I got my 2000 SAN for $36500 in 2000, my on order 2005 is costing me $50K. 5 years of mark up for the same boat. I VLX in 2000 could be had by me for $33K now MSRP for just the boat is $45K.

A Vride IS a Value priced boat, NOT BUDGET. Value, pay 40K, get one of the best poss wakeboard wakes, ride behind it alot, laugh at person who spent $57K on their boat and is having no fun becuase he's too busy yelling at his "friends" for dripping water in the boat.

Boats are not something anyone can afford, but you gotta pay to play and unless a company really starts bucking the trend and starts lowering prices > in 4 years $50K will be the value boats starting price.

Mike,
Did you buy your VLX from the same people trying to fleece you on the Vride. looking at the MSRP list from Malibu I see about 5,300 in overpicing. I bet they do that to push people into the VLX for purpose of profit margin.

By mike (clubmyke) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 11:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
jzwake- you are right about the dealer pushing toward the 05 vlx.....

brad - it sounds like you did okay- based on what big ed and myself ran into at paradise.

i found the 04 vlx a better buy $46k (new)out the door when i was looking(diffent bu dealer).

it didnt make sense to me to spend $48k-$53k for a "budget" boat(please note - that is my opinion... i would have had no problem buying a 04 vlx for $48k-$50k- ask kevin frank from ultimate - i almost did, he had one of the few new 04's left on the west coast..)

went with the nautique 211 team edition from a great dealer...there is no way i would ever buy or reccomend paradise..(well maybe to rutat:-)))

in perspective alot comes down to the dealer and what they bring to the table...

paradise didnt cut it for me.. they are located in the middle of nowwhere and there service center is even further away...

the vride is a great marketing tool for bringing customers in- but once you add the numbers up with the options...malibu is making a killing on the boat by offering less for more..

By JZwake (jzwake) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 11:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I feel bad for all you left coasters getting raped when you want a boat due to demand. It looks like you got set up right though in the end. Its like you have to pay MSRP at the least. IN Maryland, My dealer has a 04' VLX leftover to sell off as low as $40k. They are pressed to unload the orange boat.

http://www.usedboats.com/index.php?site=usedboats.com&section=search&boatId=449830&PHPSESSID=01b702e502333794ed5f15fd51cdcaf1

By JZwake (jzwake) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 12:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"the vride is a great marketing tool for bringing customers in- but once you add the numbers up with the options...malibu is making a killing on the boat by offering less for more.. "

I really don't see malibu making anymore margin on the V ride then the VLX. a heater costs the same for a vride as it does for a VLX. The boats are 10K apart to start, and Malibu probably has around 8K in upgrades (msrp) in the VLX. The only options you are truely strapped for are the ballast tanks in the rear.

If I get a VLX with 3 options or a V ride with the same 3 options the boats will be the same difference in price (MSRP). With the Vride you gotta get a few things off the bat to make it wakeboard ready.

VLX. 45000
3 options 1500
Trailer 4500
total 51k

Vride 38995 w/Trailer
3 options 1500
tanks for rear $550
total $41000

I spend 10K less. 10 thousand dollars is alot of cash. BUT, I understand buying that super pretty boat for only an extra $95 a month seem reasonable. I'm not taking into account that you could easily get 10% off the VLX but only about 5% off the v ride.

Maybe I'm weird, but I only worry about getting the best performance from the boat. I'm not in a financial situation where I could justify 4K in stereo upgrades, extra billet aluminum, a stereo remote on the back of the boat, a 425 HP engine when a 340HP is perfect. it seems like a joke to to me to even consider some of this stuff, but to others, if they are going to buy the boat, they want to have it all if it only cost X amount more a month.

By mike (clubmyke) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 12:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i came up with more more than $2k in options.

here is a list of minimum options that should be considered when buying a high performance wake board boat...

$1200 perfect pass (mandatory)
$800 monsoon (mandatory)
$650 rear ballast(mandatory)
$1000 stereo
$200 prop guard (mandatory)
$900 bimini ( went with upgraded)
$500 depth finder (mandatory - insurance companies like these)
$200 swim glass step
$300 cover

total of $5750 in options +$38900(boat and trailer)

$44650 which isnt too far off from brads $43800 total of $47k with tax

regardless you are still @ $47k for a "budget" boat...dude that is A LOT of money for a budget boat..(btw, dude is west coast thing )

a nautique or a x2 with the same options was in the same price range or less...

also, i wonder how the resale of a "budget" boat will be ?

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 1:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
JZ I know there is no comparing an I/O to a V-drive. With my new purchase, this will be my 6th boat in the past 10 years. 2 I/O's and 4 V-drives.

Not everyone understands boats as well as most people on these boards do. Joe Schmo is looking at a 25K Sea Ray and a 45k v-ride. You'd be hard pressed to convince him that the V-ride is a budget boat. The actual market for the "budget tournament" boat is pretty small I'm guessing. If you have the dough for a 45k boat what's another 5-6k in the big picture for a better one?

Like you said Moomba, Ski Centurian, Sanger, ect all have a foothold in that market as well. It's a pretty big jump from the 19 foot Sea Ray market though, I'm not sure that would be the target they're going after.

By Wkerat (wkerat) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 1:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All I can see is that the retail pricing listed is higher than the retail my dealer showed me today, so perhaps that dealer is uping the price. My dealer told me today I could have purchased a vRide with monsoon, premium carpet, board racks, rear mls, wedge, perfect pass, and trailer for 41,000 including all freight and prep. He also said a vlx nicely optiond, with monsoon, bow ballast, illusion x, and a few other options sells right around 50,000. He also did say the vRide is a lower margin boat and just as JZ said, he said he starts at a 5% discount off retail and can negotiate up to 7% max, but also he does not inflate the retail, so if a shop does that they would have more room to negotiate.

By JZwake (jzwake) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 4:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike, PAT.

Come on, a lot of that stuff is not really needed.

$1200 perfect pass (mandatory) - I agree but I got by without it for a long time.

$800 monsoon (mandatory) - NOPE, good option but if you've ridden with the LCR, you'd understand my stance.

$650 rear ballast(mandatory) AGREE
$1000 stereo- Hell NO, get the speakers and buy your own head unit.
$200 prop guard (mandatory)- I guess, I was never offered it but every trailer they get has it.
$900 bimini ( went with upgraded) - I say NO, in SOcal I might have a different opinion.
$500 depth finder (mandatory - that 500 depth finder costs 119 retail.
$200 swim glass step - Whats wrong with teak??
$300 cover - its more like 600 accually.

I can only offer real world info. I spec'd out both boats with my long time dealer who doesn;t try and pull stuff on me. MY vride was $41K. seems like a Good value to me.

"If you have the dough for a 45k boat what's another 5-6k in the big picture for a better one? "

Pat, this is a good start to overspending in general. Everyone does this all the time, I do it weekly. IT's only $65 more a month, then you go that far, then for only 15 more a month I can do this, While I'm at it let me get the toe warmers for another $12 a month. next think you know the truth in lending statement is screaming 95K at you over 15 years, gotta love signing that page.

Again, Budget is not the right term, its value. If you think you will be able to wakeboard better behind the new VLX then you would behind the Vride, your drunk dude. (we have that word out here to). If your a budget spender you probably still borrow your friends board and leach pulls. There's no rule that says You can't have a Nice boat with NO stereo.

I have conseeded the fact that I probable have less interest then you guys in what My boats carpet feels like or how many accents it has. I care MOST about the wake. I forget my stereos turned down for hours at a time, I don't miss it.

Mike, You will never get a SAN or X2 OTD in MD for less then a REASONABLE EQUIPPED V ride. I am totally playing down my relationship with my dealer (BU, CC, cent), I am very involved with them and theres no way they would sell a SAN SE for under $44K with a trailer, tower, and ballast. Our local MC dealer is a shill and I'm sure he's still quoting %5 under MSRP.

My Vride (now that I'm home)
PP wake pro, Rear ballast, Flip up seat, cover, Speakers installed, monsoon, TTL. $40956

I decided to spend more and get a SAN. BUT the vride would of been perfect for me to ride all summer and pay about $315 a month.

This is a pretty good thread. I hope someone accually becomes informed one way or the other.

By mike (clubmyke) on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 4:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sound like you guys did okay with the vride from your dealer.....

big ed was quoted more than his x-2, brads came in at $47k, mine came in at almost $53k... sounds like a so cal dealer thing to me...

i agree with you on the san se for $48k (out the door) but it is very, very, very close ( i almost bought one and changed out to 211).

before i pulled the trigger on the san i came upon the following conclusions..

1. the vride can get pricey and paradise is marking them up big time

2. san and mc arent as expensive as i thought

3. the dealer can make or break the expereience

also i hope someone accually becomes informed one way or the other

By Bill Johnson (bigj) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 9:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Clubmyke,
Do the math.
38995.00/Boat and trailer
1110.00/ Stereo
800.00/Bimini
300.00/ Bimini upgrades
695.00/Cover
41900.00/Total
That would leave $1000.00 for trailer upgrades. The base trailer that Malibu uses in the pricing of the Vride is an Extreme open channel trailer with no disc brakes, no swing tongue, no rear tie downs, no step pads, etc. I can see spending 500.00 - 1000.00 in upgrades to get the trailer I really wanted. I bet you got a cheap open channel trailer with your Nautique didnt you.
With all that said, your Malibu dealer obviously wasnt trying to rip you off, so quit your your whining here and on MBO. (For all you that dont know, Mike was pretty much laughed off of the Malibu Boat owners website because he set a record for the most whining in one thread). He may out do himself here.
Go use your boat you little crybaby!

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 10:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bill I don't know Mike, but that seems a little bit harsh.

You're at 42900 with out ballast, engine upgrade, heater, or a depth finder. Those extra's put you over 45k right there. If you do want to add lights and speakers you're in the high 40's.

Someone said you don't need the upgraded engine. If only for resale you have to get the upgraded engine. When you're tying to sell the boat in three years you'll be glad you got it. From someone that didn't have the upgraded engine and selling my boat this year, every person that I talked to asked me if I had the upgraded 330 hp. Well worth the 800 bucks

By Bill Johnson (bigj) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 11:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pat, I dont think I was being harsh on Mike.
I am just tired of going on W.W., M.B.O., Wakeboarder just to see this guy cry the blues.
In response to your post, I still think you are missing the point. Malibu has created this boat to be a price point wakeboard boat.(V drive for under 40K). But then you add ballast, engine upgrade, heater, depth finder, tower lites, tower speakers. IT IS NOT GOING TO BE A PRICE POINT BOAT EQUIPPED LIKE THIS.
On the other hand, The only thing Mike has posted is a blank sales sheet with a bunch of scribble on it. I dont see any bottom line numbers on that sheet he posted which means he is basing all this on the assumption that his dealer was going to charge him full MSRP. It looks to me like Brad C didnt pay MSRP and got a decent deal. Maybe the dealer saw this Mike guy as the thorn in the side they didnt want to deal with. Smart decision IMO.

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 11:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brad said he got his for almost $48k out the door with very little options!!!
My x-2 has every option available for almost $53k out the door.so we are talking about $5k.I didn't want to buy a boat for over $40k and be on the water and say...DAWM a heater would be nice..a shower would be nice..not to even talk about perfect pass..for all the options some people are paying mine came standard.
only options

HEATER
SHOWER
PP
AND TOWER SPEAKERS
all the other stuff was STANDARD for under $53k OTD

By Garett C. (alotta_fagina) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 11:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike's 'Quote' sheet doesn't look like anything more than marks on a retail sheet. It's odd that it doesn't have any name, date, signature, and especially the deal figures! Without a lot of that info, who's to say it's legit?

I agree that $42k is an inflated price, but there also appears to be some options listed as standard that are not included according to Malibu. Wouldn't a legitimate quote from a dealer contain all figures (including a total MSRP and any discounts that they may offer you) tallied up resulting in a bottom line price?

Some of the options you claim to be mandatory, are not even marked. Why?

(Message edited by alotta on December 14, 2004)

By Bill Johnson (bigj) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 11:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ed, Reread the post from Brad C, It was equipped very similar to what Mike posted. By the way, were you dealing with the same dealer as Mike when you looked @ Malibu?

By Brad C (whitewookie) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 11:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK, Just so everyone understands correctly, Bill, mine came with the upgraded extreme trailer including all the options you mentioned and I still paid base of $38,900.00. Ed, I got all the options available minus the upgraded motor, heater, shower and tower speakers and paid 47K out the door. If you remember, you saw my boat at Elsinore a couple months back.

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 12:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
YES and a very nice boat at that!!!Congrats.

MOTOR UPGRADE ~ $1000-$1500 I forget
SHOWER ~ $800-$1000
HEATER ~ $500
TOWER SPEAKERS ~ $1500 (roughly)
ohh dual battery ~ $200

Roughly about $4000 + so you are at, at least $51k

By JZwake (jzwake) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 12:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
FYI the monsoon upgrade is only $650. if your being quoted more, RUN.

By Bill Johnson (bigj) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 12:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ed, little high on options there.
Look @ Mike's Sheet.
Motor Upgrade/Looks like 600.00
Shower/ Looks like 400.00

I'll give the other ones to you, But keep in mind Brad's is an 2005 compared to your 2004
So its a toss up who got the better deal, even after the M/C dealer took 15K off the MSRP of your boat.

Once again, Were you dealing with the same Malibu dealer as Mike and Brad?

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 12:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was talking on the options MC gave me and their prices,I wasn't talking about Malibu!

And just imagine how cheap my boat really would have been if I didn't take it with all options.OMG

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 12:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ohh and if the motor upgrade was 600 and shower 400..DAWM I GOT RIPPED OFF!!I should have went to you Bill.hahahaha.lolyou crack me up!!

By Bill Johnson (bigj) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 12:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Maybe you and Clubmike can whine together, He didnt get the boat he wanted and you have to justify what a good deal you got after a 15K discount.

By Salmon Tacos (salmon_tacos) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 1:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, finding the facts among all of these opinions is tough. Is this about right?

- A V-Ride is basically a stripped down '04 VLX with a low base price.

- If you add all the options, a V-Ride costs about the same as a similarly equipped '04 VLX.

- A loaded V-Ride will cost just slightly less than a similarly loaded X-2.

SO, you've got a price point boat in the base V-Ride. If you chose to option it out, it's no longer a price point boat. Instead it is just like the '04 VLX. An equivalent V-Ride is priced competitively with the X-2, just as the VLX was in '04.

I don't see anything wrong here. Also, I don't know why people are slamming the V-Ride for not being a "bargain". I don't think anyone ever claimed that it was. It's just more flexible in its options and starts at a lower price.

Did I miss anything?

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 1:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Excellent point Salmon Tacos. I must say I figured you'd be posting sooner. You didn't miss much in you post either. Malibu probably just didn't want to get rid of a good hull design in the '04 VLX, so they renamed it the V-ride. Almost exactly like MC and the X-Star turned X-2. Only difference is MC didn't publish MSRP on a stock X-2 and call it an entry level or value boat. MC wouldn't do this because they a) don't want to market as a value boat (something malibu doesn't mind because all along they have been marketed as a value compared to MC and CC although the price gap is closing), and b) MC wouldn't be able to call it a value boat because their MSRP is inflated more than most boat manufacturers.

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 1:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bill ~ Never claimed I got a good deal on mine.I was just posting MY facts.I don't mind paying more for better,that's why I got the MC x-2.
Ryan ~ The other difference is that MC didn't strip it and add cheaper vinyl and cheaper carpet.on the contrary they are constantly improving... the vinyl,tower,etc.quality in general!!

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 1:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Did we confirm that the V-ride had cheaper vinyl and carpet? I thought the difference was in rub rails, carpet around the cupholders, etc. They still offer all the top of the line components with the V-Ride, you can get the Illusion tower and all other '04 VLX options it appears. If they decreased vinyl and carpet then as always I'm an idiot. Kinda the same thing as MC then.

By Ant Bug (antbug) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 1:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Ed did you see where Bill Johnson is from?

I bet you he's an inbred from Primeville

By Bill Johnson (bigj) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 1:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Buger,Did you say something boat mooch?

By Ant Bug (antbug) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 2:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
aawwww did I tickle a nerve

and it's Toeside Bug to you Biatch!!!

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 2:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well it only took almost 100 posts for this thread to go over the top. At least it was informative for a while. Bill you gotta accept the fact that a lot of people a pretty darn opinionated about the boats they buy and own. What you see as whining is merely defending the boat they own. I'd probably give up on this argument before you fall too far behind. I'm with you on the V-ride it seems like a good idea to keep it around and test the waters with it, but calling people crybabies and boogers doesn't earn much respect for your opinion.

By Wkerat (wkerat) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 5:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
As I stated before, it must be the dealer. My dealer told me I could have purchased a vRide with monsoon, premium carpet, board racks, rear mls, wedge, perfect pass, stereo, and trailer (boatmate t/a with brakes or smp)for 41,000 including all freight and prep. Also I asked him about the vinyl and it is the same as all the other boats, there are just a few areas there is more carpet (around cupholders for one), but as you can see on the above boat he upgraded the carpet to the same carpet as the rest, so for 41 the vRide is one hell of a deal. especially compared to the x-2's which in my area seem to compete with the vlx in price. All malibu did was take what was pretty much the 02-03 vlx and name it the vRide, they took off some of the standards from 04 so they could offer a base boat for less, especially since a lot of parents don't see the need for the extra ballast, etc.

By bsflower (tcluv85) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 6:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is just what I heard, I am not positive and I wasn't able to confirm with my Malibu dealer yet either, but....I heard from the water line down of the hull the 05 Vride and VLX are the same, the hull differences are above the water line, trying to make it feel more like the LSV...anyone else heard that?

By Wkerat (wkerat) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 6:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It is not identical, but it is a smaller hull than the boat, the sides flare out and the floor lays where the hull moves in. I was told they did this to let the boat sink easier and to keep the wake from widening too much.

By mike (clubmyke) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 8:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the whole idea behind fourms and posting is real feedback and experiences..wether good or bad..unless you live in a all encompassing panacea(bill johnson- you may need a dictionary for "panacea" and hopefully you will figure out the rest)

good dealer interactions should be praised and repeat and new business should be the result. the opposite is true also...

bad dealer interactions (such as intentional overcharging and poor serivce) should be a "caveat emptor" for any potential buyer...and hopefully the seller will "mend their ways" and if not then hopefully shut down

there are plenty of satisfied mc,san, and bu owners out there who bought from good dealers and bad boats/bad experiences as well...finding a good dealer is hard if you dont know what to look for -and if this is your first time buying a boat- you want to make the best informed $45k-$55k decision you can.

just as a heads up regarding the overpricing from paradise(the sales quote is legit- sorry for the low res)....the west coast malibu rep callled me and acknowledgd and apologized for the overcharging of Paradise(they have done this before...)he offered me a vride or new a 04 vlx ( what i was looking for)..

there is no way i would ever, ever buy from a slime bucket of dealer and have them service my boat not matter how cheap the price was...

i have recieved ALOT of emails from the malibu website from people who ran into the SAME THING from paradise (they were looking to buy or have overpayed and later found out)

HOPEFULLY Paradise has stopped overcharging MSRP(it would appear from brads posting)

btw, if you are looking at a vride... you owe it to yourself to check out mastercraft and nautique...all are the best of the best (though the vride can get up there in price if you add the options)

and really, really get find out the reputation of the dealer before you buy..

By FTA (steve_b) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 8:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If anyone is in the market, I have an 04 VLX with 75hrs for sale in So-Cal. Mint condition. I can let it go for $43500. Includes a set of Fusion three ways and a Diamond Audio amp.
stevebates2@yahoo.com
I can also deliver to WA, OR, CA, AZ, NV.

By Scot Drake (drakewake) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 2:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is there any reason that nobody is talking about the Malibu '05 LSV. I rode behind it about 2 months ago and fell in love with it. I am assuming that it has the same hull as the VLX, but I don't know if I like the seating layout. Does anybody know of a downside to the LSV? or does anyone want to share a perk to the VLX layout that I am not seeing?
Thanks for the help.

By JZwake (jzwake) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 6:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scott, the VLX is just more popular because it has been their premier wakeboard boat for 6 years now. The LSV is nice, think VLX but much more space in the wrap around seating. The wake is a little wider as well compared to the 2004 VLX. I have not ridden behind the new VLX yet.

my Opinion is that the VLX is large enough not to consider the LSV unless I had like 8 friends who came riding with me everytime.

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 12:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
clubmyke ~ I 2nd that!!

Bill ~ You are from BEND(over) OR. hahahahahaa

By bsflower (tcluv85) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 12:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
IMO the LSV is for family uses, not just wakeboarding, but entertaining and spending the whole day on the water and not going to shore. The LSV being a bigger boat will need more weight to sink it. So if you are planning on going out with the three people and boarding, you don't need the extra 3ft, but if you are planning on consistently going out with 8+ people and taking kids and all their gear, then the extra space in the LSV would be nice.

By mike (clubmyke) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 1:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Big Ed.. i didnt notice where Bill was from ( Kinda reminds me of the movie "Deliverence"-" come'on squeal like pig")

Wwwaaayyyy tttooo funnny !!!!

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 2:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike ~ HAHAHAA

Bill ~ AntBug Is MY boat mooch.so it's Ok!!Do you even have a boat??Or are you a mooch also livin with your MOm??!!BUAHAHAHAAA

By Ant Bug (antbug) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 2:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
???

By Scot Drake (drakewake) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 2:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks JZwake, I was confusing the VLX with the XTi. Does anybody like the seating layout of the XTi? I think the driver would get a little lonely up there. I have had the engine in my way for to long in the direct drive and I am loving the idea of having all the room of a V drive. The party area in the back would be cool but I don't know if I am sold on it.
Too much room in the boat, not a problem for me. That is why I like the LSV

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 3:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
AntBug ~ Calm down I was talking to Bill not to you!!You don't live with your mom do you?

By Ant Bug (antbug) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 3:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
damn your blowing my cover. How am I going to get any ladies now

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 4:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAjust too funny...stomack..the side..the face...hurts

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 4:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hahaha cant stop hahaha tears..it hurts!

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 5:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
TSB, chicks love a man that lives at home, everyone a snag.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com