Wakeboard tower speakers - Any good o... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Wakeboard tower speakers - Any good on Ebay? « Previous Next »
By stuart mckeown (stuey) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 3:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've seen lots of different tower speakers on Ebay for sale. The ones I'm looking at are liquid audio speaker pods, they come with sonys, kickers, kenwood.. etc. Are these any good or total crap? Just looking for something simple.. thinking about getting the ones with kicker K60s in them. Let me know what you think

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 3:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
do it right get the NVShelp me out get the other one. seriously though, do a search for liquid audio I've never heard them but I think they sound preety good, if memory serves me right.

By scott dula (655mac) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 5:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have 4 of LA speaker cans with the Kicker (K60s I think) & they sound good for the money.Not as good as others, but alot cheaper.If you are interested contact Liquid Audio and ask for a discount. They did for me since I bought two pair & a lightbar at once.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 7:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think the cans are injection molded or extruded plastic and with the clamps you need to protect the tower finish with rubber. Never heard anything bad and nobody can touch their prices.

Wakeside has some closeout Skylon speakers at under $350 and lots of companies are bringing impressive, affordable speaker bling out for 2005. Everyone's new products for 2005 will be announced in the next 90 days. If you need to move quick go for the LA or Skylon Closeouts.

By stuey (stuey) on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 12:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scott... what did they end up charging you for the four pods and the lights? I'm glad to hear they sound decent.. I figured I could get four speakers AND a killer amp to run it for about the same as just a killer pair of pods/speakers.

By Kenny (ghostrider_2) on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 12:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I belive you mean liquid trends.. www.liquidtrends.com

By Kenny (ghostrider_2) on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 12:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I believe you mean liquid trends.. www.liquidtrends.com

By paul (wakeme884) on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 11:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stuart, I had a set of those speakers on my tower I bought last year. On my way home from my last river trip one fell off the tower because the plastic broke loose around the clamp. I trashed them and bought a set of aluminum cans. Much better!

By stuey (stuey) on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 8:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They say they are liquid audio brand. Here is the link:

http://www.liquidaudiosounds.com/index.shtml

The can is made out of aluminum, with aluminum clamps. I don't really like the look of the clamps, but I guess they will do or I can just make some new ones. They have good feedback on Ebay as well.. seems everybody likes them. Somebody else on ebay does sell the plastic cans for the same price.. but I just don't want plastic. Thanks for the info guys, I'll probably pick some up.

One other question... does having 4 cans instead of two make a huge difference, or is it not much difference?

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 6:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you have a pair of 6-1/2's vs two pair naturally you get twice the output but certainly not twice the dB/SPL at the rider. Two pair of Kicker KB600's definately is louder that one pair and same for tower speakers. Your adding more cone surface area.

By Mike (bigdeal) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stuey, remember too that both the amount of sound output and quality is directly tied to the amount of power you put behind them. And hanging 4 instead of 2 is going to effect how much power gets to each speaker. So if you have a quality 4-cahnnel amp that puts out some decent power, you should be in business.

By Flack (flackpack) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 9:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stuey -

Get 4, I have 2 polished Aluminum cans with the Pioneer 6.5" speakers. They sound good in the boat, but behind the boat it is difficult to hear them 70' back. Make sure you run enough power to the speakers in your boat and on the tower. I am planning on adding 2 more cans and another amp to run the tower seperately from the cockpit speakers. You won't be dissapponted if you put in all of the needed parts now.

By JPhillips (speakersox) on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 4:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Liquid audios are pretty good for the money.I also have their light bar. Tom from Liquid Audio is a good guy and stands by everything he sells. Email me and I will give you his cell number.If you need speaker covers, let me know, I manufacture the OEM fitment for Liquid Audio.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 8:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a brand new pair of awesome 80 feet out tower speakers in black with brand new 6x9 infinity kappas in them. They are hand fibreglassed and awesome looking. i will take some pictures. Email me if you are interested. I will make you a good deal. I am selling these because iI do not want to alter my bimini to make them fit underneath.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com