New Boat Owner Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » New Boat Owner « Previous Next »
By Robert Lukas (dogwind) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi,

Just bought a previously owned Sanger and was wondering if someone could point me to a boat maint. board or web site, any place with good FAQs? Seasonal maint, things to watch during the season/things to do, etc. Want to know what I can do vs what should be left to the boat shops.

Just winterized it with a recommended boat shop and am unclear as to the value I got for $110.00
in not so cold Northern Cal.

Thanks fo any help,

Bob

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 8:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
use the search function on this site. if you can't find the answer that way just post anohter question.

By Scott Verillo (sbvfive) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 8:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This site is the best.....plus there are a few very knowledgeable sanger owners who will help you with anything that you need. Do a few searches, but don't be afraid to post a question. You'll learn everything you need to and more!

By Gary (sanger215guy) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 9:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
dogwind;

I find that the winterizing thing in the bay area region is a little useless unless you are storing your boat outside where it is exposed to cold nights and sunny days. If I am not mistaken (and ww will correct me if I am wrong)you only winterize to protect from condensation build up. Most garages in the Delta/Bay Area do not get enough of a temp change to justify it in my opinon. In 18 years of owning and maintancing my boats I have never winterised and never had a problem. Congrats on the Sanger purchase, welecome to the family. Keep a look out in the future for the Sanger gathering.

By ryan (powerstroke) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 11:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i am from northern california also although it is a lot colder where i am i guess. you also want to winterize/drain your block and manifolds to keep them from cracking. so if it freezes where your at then i would recommend it.

By Kenny (ghostrider_2) on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 12:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
OR..just drop a light in the engine compartment and that will be enough so that it wont freeze, if you dont use it then you either fake a lake and/or put in some gas treatment so you dont get water built up, or just top it off! a good person who does house calls in lynn of mobile marine here in sac. congrats on joining the family.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com