Installing A Pop Up Transome light Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Installing A Pop Up Transome light « Previous Next »
By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 1:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok I got the "Innovatieve lighting" Pop up transom light. Its the same light that comes as a option in some Nautiques, I remember it being a $700 option when I was buying my boat in 02. Whell as you all know I can leave well enough alone and decided to start installing this. The problem is I have no room in my 02 Air, I have the factory ballast tanks and they go almost all the way to the very back of the boat. A normal person would have looked at this before they orded the $174 light and said no sorry you cant install this Item in this boat.

I go ahead and order the light before even thinking. Well thats not true I knew it would be tight but I couldnt say it wouldnt work with out haveing the light in my hand. After looking at the Light and looking at the boat I though Humm Its gonna be real tight but what the heck Im up for the challange.

I started yesterday, Step #1 rip your whole boat part, Just kidding but its not far off. The ballast tanks need to scoot forward to make room for the light. In order to to this you have to take the gas tank some what out. This is a pain in the ***.

The location I was going to mount the light into Will not work because the exaust pipe directley below and is in the way, So I need to remove the stereo remote and swap mounting locations. This brings up another problem the stereo remote is a larger hole than the light. Now I need to make a spacer that will help fill the hole so the transome light fits tight and make a new hole for the remote.

Im still in the process of this install so Ill let you know how its going

this is what the transome looked like when I started

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok I messed up. I was planning on installing the New pop up light in the location of the old transome light. Problem is the pop up transom light is so long that it hits the exaust pipe. I need to swap locations with the stereo remote.
Problem # what ever is now the hole that the stereo remote was in is larger than the transome light.

Ok so I made a spacer Im my "Ghetto Machine Shop" AKA the Chocolate factory. Using a peice of delron and a adjustable whole saw I came up with the spacer I needed to fill the hole from the stereo remote.
I made this spacer using the limited tools at my desposal. A drill and a router the peice of delron. Here is a photo of the Chocolate Factory LOL> and the new spacer

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 1:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok fast forward another 2 weeks and this is where I am. I have the remote swaped and am ready to install the Pop up light.

By jude (macdaddy) on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 8:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
looks good sexual chocolate...that bushing-spacer turned out nice.. now you need a retractable disco ball off the top of the Bling's tower!!!

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok Im finished with this install, What a Pain in the A$$

By George "C" (burbanized) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 7:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That turned out sweet Grant. you have officially been PIMPED!

By Luke (lukeduke95) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 8:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
SH-WING!!!

By Aaron Nielsen (lzyboy) on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 10:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
PIMP-N

Grant does it again - I wonder if I can submit your boxes / stereo / mirror ( entire boat ) for Wakeboardingds Innovation of the year!!!

Keep up the good work bro -

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com