Ballast drains on x-stars Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Ballast drains on x-stars « Previous Next »
By Kevin Pothier (big_xstar) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 8:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Can anyone give me some input on the drain pumps for a 04 x-star. Ours seem to drain very slow and the water does not spit out in a solid stream like our x-2 did. Anyone else experience this problem also or is it normal. The dealer said it was just the way the ports are set up, but it just does not seem right to me. Anyone??

By Matt Anderson (xaggie) on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 10:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ours is somewhat solid, but then again most of the Mastercraft ballasts that we have had have unique problems (now guages work when ever they want to, '03 x-30 center sac worked when it wanted to). Other than that they seem to go full empty to filled and back again pretty solid on our '04. Matt

By cdm (cdm) on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
When you have all three pumps running to drain tanks does it come out in a more solid stream than when only running 1 pump? good.. i have had to replace many of the impellers on my jebsco pumps. you may need to also. Also the ballast system splits the empty/ drains into 2 thru hull drain holes. when you run 1 drain pump, the water is split between the two thru hulls. It will not come out as a solid stream but more burp out of sorts. I have 5 jebsco pumps, and when all running they shoot out the sides like a fire truck. but again that is 5 drain pumps going to 2 thru hulls to expell water. not the 3 out of 2 as you may be running. Pull off the back panel at check out the ballast system.. it will give you a better idea of how it all works.. the use of the ckeck valves is nice...

cdm

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com