Air boom, air bar. yay or nay? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Air boom, air bar. yay or nay? « Previous Next »
By jeff 2 (waterdog2) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 8:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone own one? What do you like and dislike about it? I have pretty much decided on getting one, but would like some input.

By Todd (goodtime) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 11:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had an air boom, it was ok, got the job done but there are way better products out there.

i am a fan of the 13th floor towers. and Monster Tower does good business i hear.

By jeff 2 (waterdog2) on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 6:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My problem is that I also fish out of the boat, I need a tower that folds completly out of the way. I also have a full size biminy I dont want to part with since i live in the desert, it gets to be 110+ in the summer.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 7:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm not familiar with the air boom products but the boss slider is about the same design and is the best of the "mini-bar" style towers out there that I've seen.

Any tower folded down will not be a welcome fishing partner. Replace the main bolts holding the tower to the mounts with quick release knobs so you can quickly take the tower off. When I started wakeboarding I used my boat for fishing and just took the tower off when I was heading out without boards. Now I donít even know where my poles are. Wakeboarding can cure fishing :-)

Youíre having the "bimini dilemma"! If your bimini is really wide and tall it likely will not work with any tower other than a custom one.

The more narrow the mounting points for your top are (at least a few inches inside where your going to mount the tower) as well as if it is narrower at the canvas, and if it is not very tall . . . Then maybe it will fit under an aftermarket tower. With 110+ you definitely need cover but depending on your top and the tower it may not work.

Post a side and a front or rear view picture of the boat with the bimini up.

By jeff 2 (waterdog2) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 6:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Monstertower, Thank you for the info. You are absolutely correct about boarding cureing fishing, but it's been so cold here lately that I cant get my girls in the water. That was A good wakeup call for fishing. Ill have to check out the boss tower, I really like the monster tower, but it is to impractical for my needs. Mabey if that bar dident hang down when you fold it. I've tried to post picts about 20 times, I finally gave up. Thank's again!

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 7:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kids + Fishing = Great Time, they love it.
Kids + Really Cold Water = Not a good time at all
The Striper here get real fun in the winter.

No worries, get the tower that works for you. 2 years ago when I was looking there was nothing decent under $2,500. Today you got some great options, were happy to just be one of them.

But wakeboarding definately cures fishing in the summer!

By trace (trace) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 11:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
why not just leave the tower up when you're fishing? (and put some outriggers on it) :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com