Fat Sac thru hull Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Fat Sac thru hull « Previous Next »
By Wes Gardner (wesgardner) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 6:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know this has been discussed before...I think, but I couldn't find it. I might need to add one or two to my sacs for my ballast system.

How is it done so the weight of the water doesn't just blow the fitting out of the sac? Any particualr glue/sealant?

Wes

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 6:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
??? the fitting screws onto the cap. Maybe I'm not understanding what your asking?

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 7:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used a Rule thru hull fitting which has a wide flat flange. I cut a hole the size of the hose part of the thru hull in the sack, and stretched the sack around the flange. I used 3m 5200 sealant on the flange and on the underside of the nut, and tightened it up. No leaks in 2 yrs, works great.

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 9:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh yeah, I did it on a Fat Seat with 1k+ lbs of weight, and kids jumping on it all day.

By Wes Gardner (wesgardner) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 10:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey psych,

That's what I wanted to hear....thank you

Wes

By Gary (sanger215guy) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 10:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Psyclone;
So am I understanding right, you cut in your own port to the sack? If so that would save me a couple hundred bucks to have sacks made with additional ports.

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 6:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yep. I used a plastic thru hull from West Marine. Rule is the brand you want because the flange is very wide. Cut a small hole and pop the big end through the bag. Use some sealer and put the nut on and go wakeboarding:-)

fitting

By Gary (sanger215guy) on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 7:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well what the hell, I would have to buy new sac's anyway if it dosent work. Thanks for the pic. I am off to West Marine today for a couple fittings.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com